Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Hopefully you won't relocate again, but end it. Contact a trapper, might get a nice price for the pelt.

A trapper friend of mine was the one who set the live traps. Unfortunately, the attack happened the week after trapping ended for cats in our area and it's now illegal to trap and kill. (TRUST me- I want this thing dead, lol).

We have had incredible amounts of snow, not to mention -30 temps pretty steadily over the past couple of months, so my animals remain inside and are always locked up at night. When they were attacked, they were locked up. I never imagined an animal would chew through a wood wall to get it. It was pretty terrible :(.

A trapper friend of mine was the one who set the live traps. Unfortunately, the attack happened the week after trapping ended for cats in our area and it's now illegal to trap and kill. (TRUST me- I want this thing dead, lol).

We have had incredible amounts of snow, not to mention -30 temps pretty steadily over the past couple of months, so my animals remain inside and are always locked up at night. When they were attacked, they were locked up. I never imagined an animal would chew through a wood wall to get it. It was pretty terrible :(.
Can you trap and kill if your livestock are at risk?

Can you trap and kill if your livestock are at risk?

It's very tricky where I'm at (up in the arrowhead of NE Minnesota). More than likely, the DNR would come out and live trap and release somewhere (which obviously didn't work out too well in this case). All I know is something needs to be done. That attack cost me a lot of money and lots of stress since. I still can't walk out to feed and water the animals without calling to them first. I have to hear the ducks and the chickens before I will enter any coop- just so I don't walk in on what I did that day. Not to mention the worry of letting my kids outside- this thing came walking right up my driveway and let me get within feet of him the day I took pictures. He's not afraid at all- which is unusual and therefore concerns me about allowing my children to go play outside. He needs to go away.

I had originally caught this bobcat on the game cam before I got this one up close and personal- less than 5 feet away. This photo was taken two days before he chewed a hole through the side of my chicken coop (through the run door) and killed 40 chickens. He was live trapped, transported away, and has already come back. Determined- is outside my coop and duck houses almost every night looking for a way in. Live traps are out once again...
Bad bad kitty.

A bad kitty indeed. One of our neighbors who lives about 1 1/2 miles away discovered the same cat killed all of his chickens and had him cornered in a lean-to. A DNR officer who lives next to him came over and shot it. So thankfully this one is no longer an issue...but the aftermath of dealing with the losses and expense of replacement is just horrible :(

]...

62375_004.jpg

^What is that? :hmm the white thing.
Oh wait. Maybe it's a moth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom