Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

And I get 99% deer, no coyotes! I hear them all the time, only caught one of two on my game cams in years. Same with foxes. The other 1% are those two preds, plus roaming dogs, my own cat, possums, raccoons and chickens, chickens, chickens, especially my younger Barred Rock rooster, Hector, who knows something is up with that box on the tree and loves to pose looking right at it. This morning I woke to a gag-worthy overwhelming scent of skunk wafting through my bedroom window like it was on the deck. Thankfully, my cat didn't get sprayed, but recently, I caught a a whiff out near the chicken barn, too, first time ever in over 17 years here, so maybe one day I'll catch a skunk on one of the game cams.

I did have this scrape on a tree about 10' off the driveway... is it from a buck? Was just there one day, inside the fence. Never caught other than a spike buck on any game cam here. Wish I could catch whatever made that rub for posterity! View attachment 1978878 View attachment 1978879
Usually a buck rub is smoothly worn down, as though the tree has been sanded down. This looks almost like the tree has been gouged with something, or torn off with claws? Or metal? If a whitetail did this with his horns I hope I am up a tree when he comes by lol.

upload_2020-1-10_10-38-24.jpeg
upload_2020-1-10_10-38-52.jpeg
upload_2020-1-10_10-39-15.jpeg

I have no idea? Insect in the dead of winter? Deer interested in insects? No clue.

Usually a buck rub is smoothly worn down, as though the tree has been sanded down. This looks almost like the tree has been gouged with something, or torn off with claws? Or metal? If a whitetail did this with his horns I hope I am up a tree when he comes by lol.

I have no idea what would have gouged it. It's in our fenced perimeter, not near the road or even the driveway and unless someone was trespassing, I can't see what could have done that. Weird, huh?

Back
Top Bottom