Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Pics
I'm sure someone has already said this, but the paper feed bags (with the plastic liner removed) is the BEST under-mulch weed block. When I first started using them I would have to scratch back the mulch every year and replace the rotted paper. Then it dawned on my somewhat slow little brain to just add a layer over the mulch and then more mulch on top. I save bags all winter and come spring I"m laying them all over the place.
(it helps to stuff them in a bucket of water just before using. It's a pain to be using them over a large mulched bed and have to chase half of them across the yard when the wind kicks up... )

can u send me some how-to-do on how i would love to make them
PM me your email address and I can send you the step-by-step pics I have on my phone.
smile.png

I'm sure someone has already said this, but the paper feed bags (with the plastic liner removed) is the BEST under-mulch weed block. When I first started using them I would have to scratch back the mulch every year and replace the rotted paper. Then it dawned on my somewhat slow little brain to just add a layer over the mulch and then more mulch on top. I save bags all winter and come spring I"m laying them all over the place.
(it helps to stuff them in a bucket of water just before using. It's a pain to be using them over a large mulched bed and have to chase half of them across the yard when the wind kicks up... )
I'm glad you mentioned wetting the bags first before use as it is very windy here too.

This thread has a lot of useful information. Post any new ideals you may have.

Gu
Sorry I've not been on here much lately. For some reason I've had a lot of problems using this site. Anyway I'm sure this tread is useful to all. Thanks,rebel

Back
Top Bottom