Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Quote:
your growing pasta????

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Well you gotta wonder....

Heck the only lasagna I 've heard of was to eat.

Love the response
gig.gif

Gotta say I love all these responses. I do use mine for more than the ''given'' trash bags but I may have to save them for some of these other better ideals.

Keep sending these ideals guys and note what the bag material is too.

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
always interested in alternative construction... do you have a favorite link?

This one's great for starters: http://www.earthbagbuilding.com/index.htm

And
this is where it all started as an alt construction movement: http://calearth.org/

Thanks for the reminder of the earthbags.

You must have been the person that posted about them back in the spring. I love them and their concept.

Sent the link to my BBF. We were all ready to move and make a home with the earthbags.

The plastic ones get used as killing cones for geese and turkeys.

The paper ones, I use as liners in the brooders. Cut open, shaped to fit the brooder, then shavings put over it. At cleaning time, simply roll it up and the whole thing goes into the compost bin.

The plastic ones can be used to grow irish potatoes, poke holes in the bottom for drainage, roll down the sides, put dirt, hay , potato eyes and the dirt, continue to layer and roll up sides as they grow. Then dump the whole thing out on the ground to harvest when they are through with production. No digging needed.

I stuff mine with cedar shavings and put them in areas to block in the wind out of the coop in the winter. Still lets air in and I noticed that I hardly had any mice last winter!!!!

Quote:
your growing pasta????

yuckyuck.gif

If you're serious, it's a method of layering cardboard/newspaper, your compostable food scraps, cut grass, leaves, etc. where you want to plant a garden and planting directly into it. No digging, no tilling, no weeds! If not, that is witty response
clap.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself! Yes, it's a layering technique that hopefully will save me from tilling and weeding. We'll see if it works, I had my daughter helping me rake grass clippings to add last night. It's a great way to compost the chicken poop straight away, since these are beds for next year it will help break down the other materials we are putting in.

Back
Top Bottom