Post your pics of your poults and adult turkeys(SHOW THEM OFF!)

Such a cute turkey. It had a very sweet face. Sorry you lost him. Hatching eggs are so exciting. You will have to post some new pics of the blue slates for us. I haven't posted pics in a long time so I will put up some updated pics of my turkeys today.

I love your turkey pics! Opps, I mean to reply to this thread. I love seeing everyone's turkeys!

mine too don't eat much "flock raiser" but love re-cleaned oats. I've read that the oats (at least they are not GMO's) are a bit healthier than the corn. They love the oats! And they LOVE fresh green beans & cherry tomatoes. However, now that it's getting cold out they are eating more. Mine will be 2 this spring. The hen tried to hatch 2 times but they were not fertile. I have 2 toms but they didn't seem to know what to do. I am hoping by next spring she will hatch a batch. She loves to lay her eggs! I think she will be a great mom.

To Debby and Chicken Pickin - WOW. Gorgeous birds and such cute photos!!! I can't wait to hatch out "Bubba Jr." - I loved that lil turkey so much, and he had the craziest antics you could imagine so he got lots of attention. He was already strutting and displaying around 4 weeks, he would perch on your shoulder or take a nap in your lap, and he had this one shearling type fuzzy dog toy that he used as his personal sofa. We buried that toy with him.
Which is why I think Cisco hated him so much - hell hath no fury like a jealous dachshund. Below are some more photos of Bubba and his lil friend Allie, she didn't have nearly the personality he did, and eventually went onto the table.

Day one, just came home

Week 4, out of the brooder, their first day in their new home.

Playing on the deck steps.

They have now discovered where the humans disappear to...

Sunbathing!

Bubba settling down for a nap on his "sofa"

Snuck into the house and napping while guarding the door...

Last edited:
And here are the new eggs! In the incubator and percolating away...we ordered 8, received 9, and they are scheduled to hatch the weekend before Thanksgiving, so hopefully we will have Thanksgiving turkey AND poults! Wish me luck!!!
Will post more photos on hatch day!

Back
Top Bottom