Ends 3/18, QUESTION:SHOULD VOTING BE EXTENDED UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH TO BENIFIT LATE ENTRIES?

• YES

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
:pop

I might. Wouldn't win because it isn't all that visually interesting but I have a hankering to make more "Mama Wall's eggnog". Got the recipe over on BYH from user Baymule (her (great??) grandmother was "Mama Wall"). Made it before Christmas. Have to have productive chickens though, needs a dozen eggs!

I mostly make very boring food.

I NEEEEEEEEED this recipe!!!! :bow:fl

I'm looking at Connie's original post and all I'm getting is an IMG icon, so I'm missing all of the details of the contest except for the prizes.
Could I please get a quick recap?

I'll try but if I'm wrong I'll just apologize right now :)

* There are 3 categories for entries: Entrees, Side Dish, Baked Goods
* Entries must include at least 2 prep photos and 1 final photo with something chicken in at least one of the photos
* Enter once in all 3 categories
* Judged by "Likes"
* Can start posting entries 03-01-18 and contest ends 03-18-18

@Farmer Connie did I miss anything?

potluck_lg_clr.gif
1apotluck.gif
image.gif

:pop
I NEEEEEEEEED this recipe!!!! :bow:fl
Got too many eggs??

It isn't hard to make, just takes a bit of time unless one happens to have 3 stand mixers ;) Otherwise you need to keep cleaning the bowl. I posted pictures when I made it:
https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/devonviolet-acres.30335/page-266#post-526196

I did overdo the cream a bit, but not too bad.
Mind you there is no "standard" definition of a "shot". Some say 1 oz, some 1.5 oz. I have a double ended jigger. I think one end is .75 oz, the other about 1.3 oz. I used 6 of the bigger end. Can't imagine what it would be like with twice that much booze!

Copied from BYH
Oct 24, 2017

Baymule

Mama Wall's Eggnog

12 eggs, separated
12 heaping tablespoons sugar
12 shots whiskey (I use 6)
1 pint cream

Beat egg whites until stiff
Beat egg yolks, add sugar slowly
While beater is running, slowly add whiskey. Too fast and you will have scrambled eggs. The whiskey cooks the egg yolks.
Beat cream until stiff

In punch bowl, pour egg yolk mixture, fold in egg whites, then fold in whipped cream. Add a little milk.

Ladle into cups, top with nutmeg or cinnamon.
Mama Wall was born in 1877 and likely learned this from her mother.

https://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi/pages.suddenlink.net/%253C/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35550244

If ya'll make this, you will NEVER drink store bought nasty eggnog ever again. My Mother remembered Mama Wall making this eggnog on Christmas morning for breakfast. Everyone, even the little children drank it. My Grandmother made it every Christmas. We watched her make it to get the recipe. I always found it funny that my non drinking parents would drink the eggnog and let me have all I wanted. I wonder if they ever realized that as a little kid, I got sh!tfaced every Christmas!

Got too many eggs??

It isn't hard to make, just takes a bit of time unless one happens to have 3 stand mixers ;) Otherwise you need to keep cleaning the bowl. I posted pictures when I made it:
https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/devonviolet-acres.30335/page-266#post-526196

Mind you there is no "standard" definition of a "shot". Some say 1 oz, some 1.5 oz. I have a double ended jigger. I think one end is .75 oz, the other about 1.3 oz. I used 6 of the bigger end. Can't imagine what it would be like with twice that much booze!

Copied from BYH
Oct 24, 2017

Baymule

Mama Wall's Eggnog

12 eggs, separated
1 pint cream

While beater is running, slowly add whiskey. Too fast and you will have scrambled eggs. The whiskey cooks the egg yolks.
Beat cream until stiff

In punch bowl, pour egg yolk mixture, fold in egg whites, then fold in whipped cream. Add a little milk.

https://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi/pages.suddenlink.net/%253C/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35550244

If ya'll make this, you will NEVER drink store bought nasty eggnog ever again. My Mother remembered Mama Wall making this eggnog on Christmas morning for breakfast. Everyone, even the little children drank it. My Grandmother made it every Christmas. We watched her make it to get the recipe. I always found it funny that my non drinking parents would drink the eggnog and let me have all I wanted. I wonder if they ever realized that as a little kid, I got sh!tfaced every Christmas!
Holy crap & don't forget the rum balls :drool:lovethanks for sharing :wee:goodpost:

Got too many eggs??

Copied from BYH
Oct 24, 2017

Baymule

Mama Wall's Eggnog

12 eggs, separated
1 pint cream

Beat cream until stiff

You are totally my favorite person now! :bow

I've lucked out and have a wonderful 12 egg pound cake recipe and a 12 egg bread recipe for when I have an overflowing basket of butt nuggs.

Back
Top Bottom