Potbelly pig given to us pregnant unknowingly! Very young!

You can test the teats and see... if she’s pushing she can feel those babies in there:) Hoping everything goes well!

she’s pushing out thick white goo from her vagina.. she’s making soft squeaks when she’s pushing..she’s still very restless.. thank you for all of your advice!

she’s pushing out thick white goo from her vagina.. she’s making soft squeaks when she’s pushing..she’s still very restless.. thank you for all of your advice!

Some sows won’t drop milk until after they give birth, so it’s very possible she’s in labor but just isn’t ‘leaking’ yet. Can you tell if her vulva is enlarged? If it looks swollen and red or pinkish usually that’s a sign of labor as well. Here’s another website i found... my search history is going to be interesting 😂

https://americanminipigrescue.com/rescue-101/health/caring-for-the-pregnant-rescued-sow/

Some sows won’t drop milk until after they give birth, so it’s very possible she’s in labor but just isn’t ‘leaking’ yet. Can you tell if her vulva is enlarged? If it looks swollen and red or pinkish usually that’s a sign of labor as well. Here’s another website i found... my search history is going to be interesting 😂

https://americanminipigrescue.com/rescue-101/health/caring-for-the-pregnant-rescued-sow/
The thick white goo is likely a discharge that lubricates the birth canal

https://americanminipigrescue.com/rescue-101/health/mini-pig-farrowing-information/

We’ve had two girls and a boy.. one girl didn’t make it. They are doing very well. I left her long for just a little while to go do some chores around the house and when I came back she had all three already! I reached in to see if there’s more and I can’t feel any. Momma is very tired. The last one she pushed was still born and I think there’s at least one more left that might be a still born. She seems to be trying to push another.

Attachments

• B1FF1C1C-1C6F-4B5A-BCF5-F5E45D49E025.jpeg
    B1FF1C1C-1C6F-4B5A-BCF5-F5E45D49E025.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 35
We’ve had two girls and a boy.. one girl didn’t make it. They are doing very well. I left her long for just a little while to go do some chores around the house and when I came back she had all three already! I reached in to see if there’s more and I can’t feel any. Momma is very tired. The last one she pushed was still born and I think there’s at least one more left that might be a still born. She seems to be trying to push another.
Yay!!! I’m so proud of you and her. So you have two surviving babies? There might be another stillborn, or if she’s done she may be trying to push the placenta. Keep me updated!!

Yay!!! I’m so proud of you and her. So you have two surviving babies? There might be another stillborn, or if she’s done she may be trying to push the placenta. Keep me updated!!

it ended up just being the two! She delivered the placenta not long after.. she needed a little help with it because she was exhausted! The black one has white feet and a white tail tip and is a boy. the little while one has black marks on its nose and is a girl. I’m very happy and over joyed!

Attachments

• 473E7B2C-E896-4982-A4EA-E5891197E5C6.jpeg
    473E7B2C-E896-4982-A4EA-E5891197E5C6.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 32
Talk to your vet about the vaccine schedule for them, and for the mom if you don't have a vaccine history for her. Also, piglets normally get those milk teeth trimmed, and fecals should be run on mom too.
Thet are very cute!
Mary

Talk to your vet about the vaccine schedule for them, and for the mom if you don't have a vaccine history for her. Also, piglets normally get those milk teeth trimmed, and fecals should be run on mom too.
Thet are very cute!
Mary
Yep. Those milk teeth can scratch up the mom pretty good. Hopefully you can get vaccines and health stuff provided in the middle of this pandemic.

it ended up just being the two! She delivered the placenta not long after.. she needed a little help with it because she was exhausted! The black one has white feet and a white tail tip and is a boy. the little while one has black marks on its nose and is a girl. I’m very happy and over joyed!

Yay!! Poor momma was probably so tired. Do you have plans for these babies or where they’re going to go? Does the mom have a name?

Back
Top Bottom