Poultry Advert!

Clydach-Poultry

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 22, 2011
Hello Everyone!
I'm thinking that my current advert is quite boring and in-professional I was wondering if you had any ideas for what I could stick up on the notice boards in country stores etc! And your examples would be great!
Thanks

For bulletin boards, a nice color photo helps a lot to get people to look.

Keep it very short. What you've got, what they've won, how much you want, how to contact you. Nobody is going to read a large wordy notice.

the word 'wanted' often gets peoples attention - Wanted - and then homes for you chickens etc. maybe? Also, over here, they put a rip off for the details (email/phone number etc.) so people can tear that slip off and take it home to remember the numbers to call...they are at the bottom of the ad.
What does your current ad say/look like?

Well... .what do you want to say to people? What do you want them to know about you? What are you offering them that is different/marvellous/wonderful/unusual...(obviously not YOU but your fowl!)

All the other ideas here from people are great! Focus on what about what you are offering would really matter to someone looking? Especailly what makes your specially worth having...Leave off your own personal stuff, how much you love them or anything, and since your new, how long you've been raising them, 20 yrs matters, 2 yrs, don't say it, lol...just indicate healthy, well raised.if your birds are tested for diseases, have state certificates as a tested flock, mention it..if you show, mention maybe show/pet qualities...if yours is an unsual breed, play up its advantages over other breeds....Focus on the birds and why someone would want them.

I don't mean to be snooty, but since you brought up the desire for a more "professional" tone, begin with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. On the website you showed us on your other thread, the word unprecedented should have been used, as another user pointed out to you.

In this thread, In post #1 you said, "in-professional" when you likely meant to say unprofessional. In post #3, you said "bare that in mind", when the correct word is "bear that in mind".

I'd suggest someone to help in terms of proof-reading and checking spelling is giant step toward a more professional presentation. Spelling, punctuation and artistic style isn't everyone's forte', I genuinely understand. Using other people, in collaboration, to critique, correct, and contribute is always helpful in producing a better product.

Yeah. You're being snooty.
smile.png

i don't spell check my casual posts such as here, either. More to attention to an ad is another matter.
:"Unprecendented" is a big word. Especially in a feed store posting. Never use a big word when a small one will do. Someone maybe wanting some chickens might not be so well educated as some of us, but still a perfectly good chicken owner.
This thread starter is a newbi, a beginner, trying to compose a first ad. Be nice.
smile.png

Yeah. You're being snooty.
smile.png

i don't spell check my casual posts such as here, either. More to attention to an ad is another matter.
:"Unprecendented" is a big word. Especially in a feed store posting. Never use a big word when a small one will do. Someone maybe wanting some chickens might not be so well educated as some of us, but still a perfectly good chicken owner.
This thread starter is a newbi, a beginner, trying to compose a first ad. Be nice.
smile.png

Easy. The OP used the word "unprecedented" in another post and someone else dealt with that word. It was not I who suggested the word.

The OP wants to run a business. He/she has posted a couple threads about business cards, offered a website link to that business for critique, and now wants input on developing a business advertising brochure or poster. Putting one's best foot forward in developing business websites, business cards and advertisement is not a matter of being snooty, but is no place to be careless. The OP's goal was to be professional, his/her words. Sorry, but spelling and word usage on business media is critical. Not so much here on BYC, as you say.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom