Poultry nipples-Farmtek

kennedyscochins

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
Big Clifty
Can anyone tell me if they have ordered poultry nipples from farmtek and if they work. I ordered some from someone on here that were stainless steel, but everytime the chickens peck on them, the top piece falls off inside the container (which will be horrific to use with PVC pipe). Farmtek's website doesn't show how the nipple waterer actually works. I'm wondering if it has a top piece that goes inside the PVC pipe and if it will also fall off or if it is attached to the rest of the nipple. I know this is probably confusing, but the ones I got are three piece. You have the main piece, then you drop the part the chickens peck at down through it and then there's a top piece that goes in on top of that and rests inside the pipe. This is the problem piece that keeps falling out.

Also, if farmtek only online or is there a physical store I can go too?

Hi
Search nipples and farmtek on this forum. Pages and pages of threads.

I have the farmtek screw in kind. It is one piece. I have them screwed into PVC pipe. No problems. I do not know if they have a brick and mortar store.
on

Here is an option for you... QC Supply Poly/Stainless Steel 360 Degree Nipple

I have some of the QCS nipples but haven't used any of them yet though. They seem to be well made. These are "screw in" type nipples. They also have the "push in" type with the grommets. As I said, I haven't used them yet but don't forsee a problem, a big difference between QCS and Farmtek is that you can get almost twice as many of the nipples from QCS as you can from Farmtek for the same money.

12 screw in nipples from QCS for $20.31 Priority Mail Shipping Included
6 screw in nipples from Farmtek for $12.29 PLUS SHIPPING which I think I've heard people say is around $9-$10.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Best wishes,
Ed

Last edited:
Quote:
Did you have to caulk around them or did they just screw in without leaks? Also, would you still recommend the screw in kind or would you get the push in kind?

I have just recieved my farmtek poultry nipples and they look the same as the QC ones. I haven't used them yet but I think they will work fine. All one piece.

Quote:
I ordered some of both from QCS. My primary interest was in the screw-in type which I'm planning on using with schedule 40 (thick) pvc pipe. The push-in type I figure I might use with thin-walled vessels such as milk jugs, 2-liter drink bottles, or even maybe 5-gallon buckets...I guess they could be used with pvc pipe, too.

I guess it depends on how you intend to use them.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom