Poultry-Safe Creeping Charlie Treatment

The only way I know of is to suffocate it by putting cardboard weighted with rocks over it for a few weeks, but that on a big area that's a lot of cardboard and a long time to go without a lawn. And if you don't get it all the problem can easily return.

I have about an acre of lawn, and the CC is everywhere!!! But, hey... it's green!!! And it doesn't cause an itchy rash! And to my knowledge, I've not seen it grow where the PI does! So... mayhaps it crowds out PI. Perhaps I need to start cultivating CC!!!

Hi, All.

We have quite the creeping charlie (I think it's Glechoma hederacea) infestation of our lawn. We'd like to address it, but our ducks also forage there. Does anyone have any success with killing this invasive plant with a poultry-friendly treatment?

Thanks in advance.
I pull the CC out of our front perennial bed and am able to manage it pretty well, but we have quite a bit out in the back yard that I don't even try to get rid of. I already know it's probably a losing battle. Instead, I just enjoy the little lavender flowers when they bloom. They're actually quite pretty.

Back
Top Bottom