• Bantam

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Waterfowl (EG duck, goose) please describe

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Other fowl (EG turkey, guinea, peafowl) please describe

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
Pics
He's pretty cute & not mean is a bonus...hopefully he doesn't find the car oil again...he must have been a mess...😂

Definitely! We wish one of them was pattable, but they have 8 eggs expected to hatch in 21 days (so maybe one of those will be 😂)
And yes- we've hidden it now he was covered in spots, even his pure white Wife was too! Think they wanted to look alike for once!

Definitely! We wish one of them was pattable, but they have 8 eggs expected to hatch in 21 days (so maybe one of those will be 😂)
And yes- we've hidden it now he was covered in spots, even his pure white Wife was too! Think they wanted to look alike for once!
I hope you get a good hatch, but it will take a lot of effort on your part to get the babies comfortable with being petted. My experience with chickens...not ducks :), has shown that even though the mama was raised by me & is friendly towards me the chances of the babies being the same are slim. When mama is raising them they don't get the same amount of handling from you and if your pair are already standoffish...well, you get my drift. I will still hope that you get some friendly ducklings!😊

I hope you get a good hatch, but it will take a lot of effort on your part to get the babies comfortable with being petted. My experience with chickens...not ducks :), has shown that even though the mama was raised by me & is friendly towards me the chances of the babies being the same are slim. When mama is raising them they don't get the same amount of handling from you and if your pair are already standoffish...well, you get my drift. I will still hope that you get some friendly ducklings!😊

Our goal, because mum is more flighty then dad, is to remove the ducklings once all hatch and raise in a brooder - (same with 5 chook eggs we have set under "Lola" as shes bottom of the pecking order and no chick proof enclosure)

This is purely because their pen isnt 'duckling proof' and they would definitely fear / avoid us with mum as their teacher. She will run as fast as she can to avoid us, can't be caught unless cornered not even with food!

Our goal, because mum is more flighty then dad, is to remove the ducklings once all hatch and raise in a brooder - (same with 5 chook eggs we have set under "Lola" as shes bottom of the pecking order and no chick proof enclosure)

This is purely because their pen isnt 'duckling proof' and they would definitely fear / avoid us with mum as their teacher. She will run as fast as she can to avoid us, can't be caught unless cornered not even with food!
Do you have a thread? I would love to follow your journey and see those babies when they hatch out! 💞

Back
Top Bottom