Poults and blackhead

perrym1962

Songster
14 Years
Oct 21, 2007
Eastview, Ky..
I have some turkey eggs due to hatch in a couple of weeks. I also have chickens, but I won't be keeping them together. Is there anything I can do or give them to keep from contracting this illness (blackhead)? Thought someone on here may give me some advice.

I have some turkey eggs due to hatch in a couple of weeks. I also have chickens, but I won't be keeping them together. Is there anything I can do or give them to keep from contracting this illness (blackhead)? Thought someone on here may give me some advice.

If they are being raised in a brooder together, there will be no way for the poults to contract the disease unless you have earthworms in your brooder. As that is how the disease is spread from chicken to turkey.

There is no way to keep them from getting it if it is present on your land or area, check your local extension office they will tell you if it is a common thing in your area.

There is a few natural remedies that have been known to cure it if caught fast enough. I think it is cayenne peppers in their water or something like that.​

Back
Top Bottom