Power Outage During Lockdown-day 21

peepinator

Songster
9 Years
May 30, 2010
God's Country Idaho
So stressed!!! I'm in lockdown...It's day 21 and we had a power outage tonight, about 2 hours after one chick had hatched. There are three eggs left in the bator. 9 total out of the 12 had hatched already. I can't believe it...I covered the bator up with w/ heavy towels to keep the heat in and also put plugs in to keep humidity up. I kept checking it and after awhile the humidity shot way up with the plugs in but the temp was going down so I opened it up and took the chicks out and put a hot water bottle in a shoe box with a towel over it & put all the chicks in it and covered the box with towels to keep them warm. They're all fine, but the power was out for close to two hours. The humidity in the bator was quite high (around 90) and the temp was at 88.5. Has anyone had the power go out in lock down and had chicks survive? None of the three were pipped. I was already questioning them since all the others had already hatched between day 19-21. Day 22 has just started and I'm not feeling good about these last three eggs hatching. Do any of you think it could still be possible? I have read stories about others' who've had power outages but not during lock down. What do you think? I'm bummed. I had a greenish egg and a blue egg and one brown one...I wanted the easter eggers so bad
sad.png

hugs.gif
I hate it when things happen like that. All I can say is don't open the incubator, cover it with towels (except for maybe one air hole), and leave them be. Just keep as much heat in there as possible.

Back
Top Bottom