POWER OUTAGE DURING LOCKDOWN OF FIRST HATCH!!! CRYING SO MUCH, HELP!

RandomDuck

In the Brooder
5 Years
So,it's day 20 of my first hatch,'(there's only one egg in he bator) and everything was going pretty well, I guess, until about 8:30 pm!! We had a flash storm, (I live in Florida) and our power went out,, I penned everyone up and brought my show roo inside, and all of a sudden, I remembered about my bator!! I swear I ran so fast I would of won the Olympics, and since it was approaching night, It was hard to see clearly, but I stacked two towels on top if the bator so it wouldn't lose heat. Ok, so it's been an hour, and we couldn't get electricity still, and out generator was out of gas. Forward an hour and 30 minutes, (right now) the electric company came and fixed it!! Good!! I I went back to the incubator, and scared at what I would see, took off the towels.. At this point, I burst into tears, because the temperature went down to 79.3 and the humidity WAS 90!!
I freaked out, and have been waiting for the temp to go up, and right now it's 98.2 and the humidity is 60..
It was like that for about 2:30 hours
And I need honest answers and advice...
Will my egg be ok??
I am still tearing up here. Please help.. Thank you..

Oh no! That must be so stressful! The egg should make it...but you never know. You'll just have to keep temps and humidity stable as much as possible. Wish you luck!

I bet they will be okay... the eggs loose heat much slower than the bator so I bet they didn't get too cold! By day 20 they will be generating their own heat also. I am glad it didn't take longer to get it back on!

HAY GUYZ.. Good news!! Ii now have one beautiful new chick named Recore!! It hatched around noon today, and I waited a bit before putting it in the brooder.. Yes yes, not 24 hours but I was impatient lol :D anyway, thank you so much for the help,!! You guys are awesome!! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom