Prairie Flower Block Swap

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Mar 9, 2016.

1. chicalot

chicalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013

That's the one. It's a thick plastic. You have to cut a ssquare out of it. I don't recommend using scissors for that. I used some tiny cutters tosmooth the eedges so it wouldn't snag the edges of the cloth. It works really well and I like it. However, I think I would like it more if it was a more flimsy self-adhesive plastic. It works well though and can be removed and used over and over easily

2. chicalot

Jun 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Chicalot~ how is your chicken?

4. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    Lots of time yet to get sewing, our weather sounds like yours, I'm waiting to get my garden going. We were supposed to have gotten about 4 inches of rain but it by passed us, we got some but not that much which is good really didn't need another flood, tho I"m not effected by it but my neighbors are.

looks interesting

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  5. chicalot

Jun 18, 2013
    she is still a sick lady. I almost had my husband go ahead and put her down but she was still asking for treats and foraging. I sit her off the rroostIin the mornings and cage her long enough foraantibiotics the let her out. I can't ffeel any egg to think she' bound but her belly feels squishy. Just breaks my heart when she feels so bad but still comes to my feet for her mealworms.

6. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    I'm sorry! [​IMG]

7. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    I have my blocks done.:) Can't get outside to work my yet, because this is what we are still getting -
    [​IMG]
    It hasn't been above freezing for the last three days. Easter we got 5" of snow, while most of the rest of the state enjoyed 60 degrees or above. Lake Superior is not our friend in the Spring!

8. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    Have you tried to worm her, use the rooster booster, If you want I can get the name of a good brand, no egg with drawl. It certainly won't hurt if you want to try.

oh wow too much snow for me !!! I don't do well in the cold. but now I am going to go out side and play with my dogs and plant a couple of rose bushes, did I say that, [​IMG]

9. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    pretty scenery and I bet your blocks are just beautiful, can't wait to see them!!!

10. chicalot

Jun 18, 2013
    Katsdar, I was thinking I should do that. I'll use safeguard paste since the antibiotic already requires a 21 day hold on eggs. P.s... I have my 4th hen going broody. .. what the heck ladies!!

I got our last quilt blocks sewed up today from the man quilt. I don't know if I'll make more blocks or do a lot of border... decisions. ..

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by