Prairie Flower Block Swap

Chicalot, is this it?    http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2015/08/seams-sew-easy-is-here-and-farm-girl.htmlt,   Can't wait to see how it works!  Please let us know how you like it.

That's the one. It's a thick plastic. You have to cut a ssquare out of it. I don't recommend using scissors for that. I used some tiny cutters tosmooth the eedges so it wouldn't snag the edges of the cloth. It works really well and I like it. However, I think I would like it more if it was a more flimsy self-adhesive plastic. It works well though and can be removed and used over and over easily

Katsdar~I'm not sewing yet. I'm working on getting my first time container garden going. Finding good quality organic potting soil has been a challenge, but I found some. I'm going to conduct an experiment with 3 brands of soil to see which one is the most successful. I'm starting out with carrots. I have to round up some kind of containers. I may go ahead and use 5 gallon buckets, but I really want something a little wider. I also may use plastic tubs. Then I will plant tomatoes, green peppers, and some onions. The weather around here has been all over the board. One day it may be 72 with lows in the 50's, the next day in the 40's, lows in the twenties!! Last week was one and this week is one of those. There is a freeze warning tonight here. We had rain and all day steady 50 mph winds Saturday. Lots of trees down and electrical outages. No outage at my house, but around Cincinnati. Before the day was out, we had snow flurries!!!! I'm planning on ordering my layer cake next week sew I can get started!!
Lots of time yet to get sewing, our weather sounds like yours, I'm waiting to get my garden going. We were supposed to have gotten about 4 inches of rain but it by passed us, we got some but not that much which is good really didn't need another flood, tho I"m not effected by it but my neighbors are.

looks interesting

Last edited:
Chicalot~ how is your chicken?

she is still a sick lady. I almost had my husband go ahead and put her down but she was still asking for treats and foraging. I sit her off the rroostIin the mornings and cage her long enough foraantibiotics the let her out. I can't ffeel any egg to think she' bound but her belly feels squishy. Just breaks my heart when she feels so bad but still comes to my feet for her mealworms.

she is still a sick lady. I almost had my husband go ahead and put her down but she was still asking for treats and foraging. I sit her off the rroostIin the mornings and cage her long enough foraantibiotics the let her out. I can't ffeel any egg to think she' bound but her belly feels squishy. Just breaks my heart when she feels so bad but still comes to my feet for her mealworms.
I'm sorry!
hugs.gif

I have my blocks done.:) Can't get outside to work my yet, because this is what we are still getting -

It hasn't been above freezing for the last three days. Easter we got 5" of snow, while most of the rest of the state enjoyed 60 degrees or above. Lake Superior is not our friend in the Spring!

Have you tried to worm her, use the rooster booster, If you want I can get the name of a good brand, no egg with drawl. It certainly won't hurt if you want to try.

I have my blocks done.:) Can't get outside to work my yet, because this is what we are still getting -

It hasn't been above freezing for the last three days. Easter we got 5" of snow, while most of the rest of the state enjoyed 60 degrees or above. Lake Superior is not our friend in the Spring!
oh wow too much snow for me !!! I don't do well in the cold. but now I am going to go out side and play with my dogs and plant a couple of rose bushes, did I say that,
hide.gif

pretty scenery and I bet your blocks are just beautiful, can't wait to see them!!!

Katsdar, I was thinking I should do that. I'll use safeguard paste since the antibiotic already requires a 21 day hold on eggs. P.s... I have my 4th hen going broody. .. what the heck ladies!!

I got our last quilt blocks sewed up today from the man quilt. I don't know if I'll make more blocks or do a lot of border... decisions. ..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom