Pray... Hope...Adopt... Go!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Blonde, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Blonde

Blonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    Keep my Fam in your prayers as we are currently working on starting our adoption process to Ethiopia! UPDATES SOON!

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Definitely will do so....can you give us details? How did you go about it? What determines how you choose and from which country? Approx. costs and wait time?

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm really excited for you! Hope it all goes well, keep us updated. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I would love to know more. I have always wanted to adopt.

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers!

6. Blonde

Blonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    Thanks!

The whole pocess will cost between 30,000 or 25,000 dollars. We are currently fundraising. We are going to put an application in this month. That means that we will have our home study, dossea and all that stuff. Then after that the agency will go to Ethiopia and choose a child. My parents will go there twice each trip lasting one week. we then get to take home our child! But, the whole process could take a year, and then another two years to get a child! SO, pray, pray, pray, pray!

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Three years can seem like an awfully long time to wait. It's good that they involve you in the process so much. [​IMG] Good luck and enjoy! [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    goooood luck!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Are you set on getting a child from Ethiopia? A certain child? If not, I was checking on adoption in Jamaica and it is purported to have the cheapest and most problem free adoption process of all the third world countries....and many orphans that need homes. The article I read said the typical Jamaican adoption costs around $600. Not sure how accurate that is....it also said the paperwork was very simple as the Jamaican gov't. just required a few forms and fees, but had no adoption agencies in place that required large processing fees.

I'd look into it...I'd like to adopt a few children from there myself if I were in the right circumstances. And no language barrier to make communication with the child a problem.....sounds good to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by