prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Originally Posted by shortgrass

I will elaborate:

The Calvary Baptist Church in Washington, DC hired two pastors who were trained Unitarian Universalist pastors and as far as I have been able to find out the Unitarian Universalist churches think that Jesus is not the only way. I have had one conversation with a member of that church and he said that whatever you think will happen after you die actually happens, you are in total control of your destiny by your pre death thinking.

Edited to add: I just Binged/googled - Calvary Baptist Church Washington DC - and found the news article

You knew I'd have to look that up lol.....

In Unitarian Universalism, you can bring your whole self: your full identity, your questioning mind, your expansive heart.

Together, we create a force more powerful than one person or one belief system. As Unitarian Universalists, we do not have to check our personal background and beliefs at the door: we join together on a journey that honors everywhere we’ve been before.

Our beliefs are diverse and inclusive. We have no shared creed. Our shared covenant (our seven Principles) supports “the free and responsible search for truth and meaning.” Though Unitarianism and Universalism were both liberal Christian traditions, this responsible search has led us to embrace diverse teachings from Eastern and Western religions and philosophies.

WHAT did I just read??? Yikes
tongue.png

Is that a fine example of the "wide path" or what?!?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding any church: It is so very important to know what the scriptures say. if you find yourself attending a church that is not in alignment with the scriptures, run. It is false teaching, a case of wolves in sheep's clothing. Any teaching that is contrary to the teaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ is false.

1 John 4:1-6 ESV

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...

1 Timothy 4: 1 Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. 2 These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.[a]
2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 4:3 For there will be a time when people will not tolerate sound teaching. Instead, following their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves, because they have an insatiable curiosity to hear new things. 3:5 They will maintain the outward appearance of religion but will have repudiated its power. So avoid people like these.

I will state categorically without any doubt in my soul that the teaching of Universal Unitarianism, according to their own definition quoted by SG is false teaching, and is contrary to the teaching of the one and only true God.

Last edited:
I am not exactly sure where these verses fit in with the others that we have thought about with the news about "Calvary Baptist Washington DC" ???

Matthew 13 NASB

14 In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;
You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
15 For the heart of this people has become dull,
With their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes,
Otherwise they would see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.’
16 But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.

I am not exactly sure where these verses fit in with the others that we have thought about with the news about "Calvary Baptist Washington DC" ???

Matthew 13 NASB

[SUP]14 [/SUP]In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will keep on hearing, but will not understand;

You will keep on seeing, but will not perceive;
[SUP]15 [/SUP]For the heart of this people has become dull,

With their ears they scarcely hear,

And they have closed their eyes,

Otherwise they would see with their eyes,

Hear with their ears,

And understand with their heart and return,

And I would heal them.’

[SUP]16 [/SUP]But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.

I've GOT to follow that with the next verses....

Matthew 13:17-23

17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Parable of the Sower

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

It's scary! There are so many disillusioned people out there and they're looking for the truth, and they're running into these churches out of ignorance, it seems. We had prayer for the all the babies lost to abortion, and the women who have to live with it; 1 out of every 3 babies, murdered. That's an opportunity to reach out and teach and help these people find a better way.

We need to put on the full armor of God and battle these kinds of things or we're just as much to blame as the rest of the world. And I'm not talking about blowing things up; I'm talking being present to teach with love and truth.

Last edited:
So my question is this:

How do we sow the good seed on the good ground?

Your story is how. I attended a "men's breakfast" when I was 27 and the guest speaker was an addict that was able to stay clean because of the power of Jesus. The story caused me to make a decision to accept the Bible and its message of Jesus' love. Your pain and life authenticates your message.

would you mind if I looked at the other side of one of your statements?

The aborted babies go straight to heaven and their mothers are here, the suffering multitudes who might never find the love of Jesus. Because of the guilt, they pretend Jesus does not exist.

Well, that's actually what I meant... There's an opportunity to reach those hurting women and show them that forgiveness is there for them if they only ask... They're lost sheep :(

Your story is how. I attended a "men's breakfast" when I was 27 and the guest speaker was an addict that was able to stay clean because of the power of Jesus. The story caused me to make a decision to accept the Bible and its message of Jesus' love. Your pain and life authenticates your message.

That actually makes alot of sense. When I had therapists and whatnot, I wouldn't ever talk to them unless I knew they had faced an addiction or a loss. It seemed like I could connect better to another broken person. I guess maybe that's why I don't hold back on telling my lovely story. Lol if I can find the love of Jesus after what I've done, then I don't see why nobody else can, too.

I personally think it's easier to help when you have a bond with someone, and of course, if I'm doing Gods will and not mynown, He will help with the timing to make sure it lands in good soil on hearing ears :)

Well I have not been on here a while and when I logged int his thread came up.

Please can you all pray for us right now. A deal of you know we have a severely disabled boy. About 18months ago he went into a Christian ran home in the community. We had a few teething issues there but mainly things were ticking along. We had been promised Security stability and Continuity of care - these were hard to maintain but we persevered and thought things were going well.

Then about NOv Dan started to have issues with his behavior and although we had asked a few times for this to be investigated as they thought it was his tummy no one listened either to us or his day care. He eventually got so bad his day care could not have him anymore. over the Christmas holiday it all escalated and he smashed up his room and the Police were called - Apparently it was because they could not "restrain him?" They threatened us with putting him in a secure lock up unit. - We managed to resolve this and had a major meeting on the 5th with all care workers and his home to thrash out what was going on. Found out his meds had been changed and messed up! So the fellow who deals with meds said he would sort it out and everyone agreed on a strategy to get Dan back into day care and sort what has upset him. GOOD! - then yesterday we got a call from the directors of the home to say they are putting him out because he has "breached a contract?" he is mentally handicapped - he doesn't know what a contract IS!!!! So - it is the Christian home that have put him out and done this to him and us. Very hard for us!!!!!

What happens now ?? Big meeting tomorrow to tlk through options one of which is the lock up unit - he needs familiar!!! This will mean the loss of all that is known to him and put miles away! Please Pray for our boy and us he is 29! Mental age of about 18mnths -2 yrs.

OES

Back
Top Bottom