prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I LOVE mornings!

So, we are all descendants of Noah. And if we did a really good family heritage search one of these 3 would be our patriarchs.

Yes, I have disappointment in my children sometimes! But why would a father curse his own son... and after sooo many (950) years to mature past a hateful and vengeful nature? Why would he not seek God to mature and change his YOUNGEST (least mature) sons' heart. Noah doesn't sound very loving to me. Think I will pass on following his example, and be thankful for the example I have in God! :pop

Now I wonder if my cruddy birth family is of the house of Ham! :barnie

We have discussed before how God feels about us eating His animals and this seems like a fairly clear statement! Seems to me that it says to make sure it's dead before you eat it? Or am I misunderstanding verse #4?
I believe that this verse says you are to bleed out an animal before eating it. Not sure, but, I think there is symbolism of Jesus shed blood for us. The animal must die and SHED IT's BLOOD, that we might live.

Does this one mean that because the youngest son didn't cover up Noah's SIN he must pay the price for his fathers' shameful drunkardness? Why curse his own son for his transgressions?! :mad:
Check out this "speculation" in this study guide. https://www.gotquestions.org/curse-Ham-Canaan.html
Realize, of course that a commentary, or study guide is not the same as the inspired word of God. But, we are at a distinct disadvantage b/c we live in a different culture, and a different time. Ham saw his father naked and vulnerable. Instead of protecting his father, he gloated over it, and sought to further shame him by pointing it out to his brothers. Evidently Caanan was involved in the shaming, and perhaps in something even more evil. Note V. 24. In scripture, and those customs, a grand son could also be called a son. Noah woke and SAW WHAT HAD BEEN DONE TO HIM. Perhaps he was somehow physically molested in his drunken passed out condition. This does not justify his behavior of drunkenness. But, we are all sinners, yes? Noah's sin was against himself. Ham and Caanan's sin was against their Father and their Father's Father.

Can you tell me what makes Noah so special that he would receive the favor of the Lord DESPITE his clearly still sinful (maybe less disobedient than others but still disobedient and selfish) nature?

View these verses: Genesis 6:5–8 (ESV) — 5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Of all the people who were populating the earth at that time, only Noah was living his life in obedience to God. (and I assume that as the family patriarch, his wife, his sons and their wives were also following God). All others had turned away from God. Only Noah was obedient. Was he still a sinner? Of course he was.

I claim Jesus as my Savior. Yet, not a day goes by that I don't sin, and demonstrate behavior that brings me shame, and thus that behavior would also bring shame to my Lord. But, I stand before Him justified, because of the shed blood of Jesus.

Noah stood before God, in the faith that a redeemer was to come, and in the faith and obedience that qualified him to obey God and build that boat, collect the animals, in spite of the fact that the rest of the world mocked him. After all, it had never rained, EVER!!! Here he was building this giant monstrosity boat in the middle of dry land.

Last edited:
We have discussed before how God feels about us eating His animals and this seems like a fairly clear statement! Seems to me that it says to make sure it's dead before you eat it? Or am I misunderstanding verse #4?
I believe that this verse says you are to bleed out an animal before eating it. Not sure, but, I think there is symbolism of Jesus shed blood for us. The animal must die and SHED IT's BLOOD, that we might live.

Does this one mean that because the youngest son didn't cover up Noah's SIN he must pay the price for his fathers' shameful drunkardness? Why curse his own son for his transgressions?! :mad:
Check out this "speculation" in this study guide. https://www.gotquestions.org/curse-Ham-Canaan.html
Realize, of course that a commentary, or study guide is not the same as the inspired word of God. But, we are at a distinct disadvantage b/c we live in a different culture, and a different time. Ham saw his father naked and vulnerable. Instead of protecting his father, he gloated over it, and sought to further shame him by pointing it out to his brothers. Evidently Caanan was involved in the shaming, and perhaps in something even more evil. Note V. 24. In scripture, and those customs, a grand son could also be called a son. Noah woke and SAW WHAT HAD BEEN DONE TO HIM. Perhaps he was somehow physically molested in his drunken passed out condition. This does not justify his behavior of drunkenness. But, we are all sinners, yes? Noah's sin was against himself. Ham and Caanan's sin was against their Father and their Father's Father.

Can you tell me what makes Noah so special that he would receive the favor of the Lord DESPITE his clearly still sinful (maybe less disobedient than others but still disobedient and selfish) nature?

View these verses: Genesis 6:5–8 (ESV) — 5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Of all the people who were populating the earth at that time, only Noah was living his life in obedience to God. (and I assume that as the family patriarch, his wife, his sons and their wives were also following God). All others had turned away from God. Only Noah was obedient. Was he still a sinner? Of course he was.

I claim Jesus as my Savior. Yet, not a day goes by that I don't sin, and demonstrate behavior that brings me shame, and thus that behavior would also bring shame to my Lord. But, I stand before Him justified, because of the shed blood of Jesus.

Noah stood before God, in the faith that a redeemer was to come, and in the faith and obedience that qualified him to obey God and build that boat, collect the animals, in spite of the fact that the rest of the world mocked him. After all, it had never rained, EVER!!! Here he was building this giant monstrosity boat in the middle of dry land.

Thank you. It helps A LOT to see that there are two sides to the story and I certainly don't have all the facts.

Brothers and Sisters,

I have some prayer requests- I have been feeling really stressed out lately with school and other events that has happened over these last couple of months (like the loss of my grandpa, who was like a best friend to me). I'm also working on training myself for my first 5K race coming up in October, I ask you to pray for strength and courage for me in these matters. Thanks you so much!

And if there is anyway I could be praying for you, please feel free to tell me either over PM or here. We are family you know. ;)
I will definitely pray for you! :)

"son of man"

Daniel 7:13-14 NAS

13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 “And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

How do you and I know how to judge correctly in the following verse(misleads)?

Matthew 24:4-5 NAS

And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

I guess probably by being careful and cautious and not just trusting anyone but also actually reading the Bible so you know what is actually true or not. My dad's friend has read it 6 times front to back haha not sure how religious he is though or if he just read it but probably both but yeah. And then also, of course, most importantly, maybe praying and asking about it?

All of which I need to do more ha

Know your Bible. Get sound teaching from a good church that uses the whole Word. Pray for discernment. When someone presents scripture as a support for a questionable doctrine, go back to that verse and read the entire thing IN CONTEXT. You must read the verses that come before and the ones that come after. You must then compare that doctrine with all of your other knowledge of scripture. Our God is not a God of confusion. He does not and can not contradict Himself. Even text which may upon first read be confusing, or not in agreement with other text will make sense if you take it in context and seek wisdom.

"son of man"

Matthew 26:1-2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26:1 When Jesus had finished all these words, He said to His disciples, 2 “You know that after two days the Passover is coming, and the Son of Man is to be handed over for crucifixion.”

Back
Top Bottom