prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

As I try and come to grips with the evil in Las Vegas this week, I thought about demons and did a search that I post below. I am only posting the "hits" in the four gospels because I wanted to remember how Jesus deals with evil.

Bible search results

Matthew 4:24

The news about Him spread throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all who were ill, those suffering with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, paralytics; and He healed them.

In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Matthew 7:22

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

Matthew 8:16

When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill.

Matthew 8:28

[ Jesus Casts Out Demons ] When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way.

Matthew 8:31

The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.”

Matthew 8:33

The herdsmen ran away, and went to the city and reported everything, including what had happened to the demoniacs.

Matthew 9:32

As they were going out, a mute, demon-possessed man was brought to Him.

Matthew 9:33

After the demon was cast out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.”

Matthew 9:34

But the Pharisees were saying, “He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons.”

Matthew 10:8

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

Matthew 11:18

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’

Matthew 12:22

[ The Pharisees Rebuked ] Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw.

Matthew 12:24

But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

Matthew 12:27

If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges.

Matthew 12:28

But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 15:22

And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed.”

Matthew 17:14

[ The Demoniac ] When they came to the crowd, a man came up to Jesus, falling on his knees before Him and saying,

Matthew 17:18

And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured at once.

Mark 1:32

When evening came, after the sun had set, they began bringing to Him all who were ill and those who were demon-possessed.

Mark 1:34

And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He was not permitting the demons to speak, because they knew who He was.

Mark 1:39

And He went into their synagogues throughout all Galilee, preaching and casting out the demons.

Mark 3:15

and to have authority to cast out the demons.

Mark 3:22

The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons.”

Mark 5:1

[ The Gerasene Demoniac ] They came to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gerasenes.

Mark 5:12

The demons implored Him, saying, “Send us into the swine so that we may enter them.”

Mark 5:15

They *came to Jesus and *observed the man who had been demon-possessed sitting down, clothed and in his right mind, the very man who had had the “legion”; and they became frightened.

Mark 5:16

Those who had seen it described to them how it had happened to the demon-possessed man, and all about the swine.

Mark 5:18

As He was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed was imploring Him that he might accompany Him.

Mark 6:13

And they were casting out many demons and were anointing with oil many sick people and healing them.

Mark 7:26

Now the woman was a Gentile, of the Syrophoenician race. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter.

Mark 7:29

And He said to her, “Because of this answer go; the demon has gone out of your daughter.”

Mark 7:30

And going back to her home, she found the child lying on the bed, the demon having left.

Mark 9:38

[ Dire Warnings ] John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us.”

Mark 16:9

[Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons.

Mark 16:17

These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;

Luke 4:33

In the synagogue there was a man possessed by the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice,

Luke 4:35

But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet and come out of him!” And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst of the people, he came out of him without doing him any harm.

Luke 4:41

Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ.

Luke 7:33

For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon!’

Luke 8:2

and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,

Luke 8:26

[ The Demoniac Cured ] Then they sailed to the country of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee.

Luke 8:27

And when He came out onto the land, He was met by a man from the city who was possessed with demons; and who had not put on any clothing for a long time, and was not living in a house, but in the tombs.

Luke 8:29

For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had seized him many times; and he was bound with chains and shackles and kept under guard, and yet he would break his bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.

Luke 8:30

And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Legion”; for many demons had entered him.

Luke 8:32

Now there was a herd of many swine feeding there on the mountain; and the demons implored Him to permit them to enter the swine. And He gave them permission.

Luke 8:33

And the demons came out of the man and entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and was drowned.

Luke 8:35

The people went out to see what had happened; and they came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had gone out, sitting down at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind; and they became frightened.

Luke 8:36

Those who had seen it reported to them how the man who was demon-possessed had been made well.

Luke 8:38

But the man from whom the demons had gone out was begging Him that he might accompany Him; but He sent him away, saying,

Luke 9:1

[ Ministry of the Twelve ] And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases.

Luke 9:42

While he was still approaching, the demon slammed him to the ground and threw him into a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the boy and gave him back to his father.

Luke 9:49

John answered and said, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name; and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow along with us.”

Luke 10:17

[ The Happy Results ] The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

Luke 11:14

[ Pharisees’ Blasphemy ] And He was casting out a demon, and it was mute; when the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the crowds were amazed.

Luke 11:15

But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the ruler of the demons.”

Luke 11:18

If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul.

Luke 11:19

And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges.

Luke 11:20

But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Luke 13:32

And He said to them, “Go and tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I reach My goal.’

John 7:20

The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who seeks to kill You?”

John 8:48

The Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

John 8:49

Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me.

John 8:52

The Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.’

John 10:20

Many of them were saying, “He has a demon and is insane. Why do you listen to Him?”

John 10:21

Others were saying, “These are not the sayings of one demon-possessed. A demon cannot open the eyes of the blind, can he?”

The word of God is powerful. We are a nation, who as a whole, claim to be enlightened. Yet those who do not know God, and are spiritually dead... those people, while denying the God who created and loved them with an everlasting love... those very people deny the existence of the dark forces that swirl around us. Demons are very real folks. They are not the little red guys with the horns, pointy tail and trident. But, they are among us, seeking to do the will of satan, who prowls about like a lion, seeking whom he may devour. However, those of us who belong to Jesus have already triumphed: Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

My prayer to you all, and for me, this day: May the Spirit of God rest upon you and me, and may we find comfort and peace in Him. May He guide our day, guide our thought life, may He put His word in us so that we may have an answer to every man who asks: for the reason for the peace that lies within us.

Last edited:
The word of God is powerful. We are a nation, who as a whole, claim to be enlightened. Yet those who do not know God, and are spiritually dead... those people, while denying the God who created and loved them with an everlasting love... those very people deny the existence of the dark forces that swirl around us. Demons are very real folks. They are not the little red guys with the horns, pointy tail and trident. But, they are among us, seeking to do the will of satan, who prowls about like a lion, seeking whom he may devour. However, those of us who belong to Jesus have already triumphed: Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

My prayer to you all, and for me, this day: May the Spirit of God rest upon you and me, and may we find comfort and peace in Him. May He guide our day, guide our thought life, may He put His word in us so that we may have an answer to every man who asks: for the reason for the peace that lies within us.

:goodpost::thumbsup

Scary reality!!!

That's just it when people don't see motive for what happened... they don't know what's inside. Peoples' demons haunt them from deep inside and drive them to things. :hit

Back
Top Bottom