prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

searched "love" ... below hits from the book of John

Bible search results

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

John 3:19

This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

John 3:35

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

John 5:20

For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel.

John 5:42

but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves.

John 8:42

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.

John 10:17

For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again.

John 11:3

So the sisters sent word to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.”

John 11:5

Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.

John 11:36

So the Jews were saying, “See how He loved him!”

John 12:25

He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal.

John 12:43

for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.

John 13:1

[ The Lord’s Supper ] Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.

John 13:23

There was reclining on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.

John 13:34

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

John 13:35

By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 14:15

“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21

He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

John 14:23

Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

John 14:24

He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

John 14:28

You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

John 14:31

but so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me. Get up, let us go from here.

John 15:9

Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.

John 15:10

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

John 15:12

[ Disciples’ Relation to Each Other ] “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

Good morning peeps .... Thought I'd share this reading from this morning, it spoke to me lol...

Peace.

Can you find peace in depression? Sounds crazy I know. Is it possible that right in the middle of your situation you can find rest and peace? I have referred to depression as a valley in previous entries. This is exactly what it is- a valley. In your emotional issues you can find rest in the God of the valley and mountaintop. Jesus was led through the desert and was tempted. Paul was taken to prison to be tortured. Stephen was taken to court to be killed. Jesus, Paul, and Stephen went through those places to produce the outcomes that made history. History makers don’t live on the mountaintop- they testify there! We have peace and hope in our position because we can trust the God of the process. We are blessed going in and coming out. My peace comes from where I am going, not where I am. God has called all of us, but many people ignore because they see the call of God as a position, not a journey. Did God make me depressed? I don’t know and I don’t care to know because He has taken me on an incredible journey that is a lot brighter now because I held on. So hold on! Trust that His Word is true!

We have peace in a God who has everything under control. We don’t have to give up on God because things get hard. Trust me, I know depression is more than “hard.” I am only saying that just because our emotional stability wavers, doesn’t mean that our trust in God’s peace needs to too.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
Matthew 5:3‭-‬11 NASB
http://bible.com/100/mat.5.3-11.NASB

I had a conversation with a person who claimed to be a Christian, his reason for Jesus coming to earth was different from mine. Please state your opinion and back it up with scripture if you can think of one that supports your position.

I had a conversation with a person who claimed to be a Christian, his reason for Jesus coming to earth was different from mine. Please state your opinion and back it up with scripture if you can think of one that supports your position.

Just ONE reason?.... If I had to filter my "opinion" down to just ONE reason, the first verse that pops into my head is John 3:17...

For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3:17 NASB
http://bible.com/100/jhn.3.17.NASB

Back
Top Bottom