prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I pray that is the case but know that he did not have a faith in the lord and was not a born again believer. My only hope is that in those last moments he turned to God for comfort.
In these hard times we must all lean on our lord more and more. Our only hope is in him.
Oesdog :cool:
That makes it harder, doesn't it? I have lost several family members who were the same way. I will share with you what gives me comfort. I grew up believing that God is a God of wrath, just waiting to toss people like this into a pit of everlasting flames. But as I searched the Scriptures I found that this is not an accurate representation of life after death. It turns out that man is not immortal! Man does not have an immortal soul. That is why in the text we all know so well, John 3:16, we are told, "God so loved the world that he sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not PERISH, but have eternal LIFE." The opposite of eternal life is not eternal suffering in hell, it is DEATH, a ceasing from life. When we die, whether saved or lost we SLEEP in the grave until the resurrection, when Jesus comes to give everyone their eternal reward, life or death. Jesus said so when he went to wake Lazarus. John 11:11. See also Rev. 22:12. If anyone chooses not to spend eternity with God, God accepts that choice. But He does not burn them for all eternity for it. Who could love a God like that? That is hideous. When God created humanity, He did not put a soul into a body. When He breathed into the body He had made of the dust of the earth, the man BECAME a living soul, or a living being. Gen. 2:7. When we stop breathing, we are no longer a living soul. We cease to exist, until God resurrects us. That is a great comfort to me. My loved ones are not burning in hell right now! Halluelujah, praise His holy name!

Further thoughts on my previous post.... Satan's first lie was, "you shall not surely die," when God had told Adam and Eve that if they ate of the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, the consequence would be that they would die. To this day most every church and religion and faith believes Satan's lie: that God created something He can't get rid of! But Scripture says, "the soul that sins, it shall die." Exek. 18: 4, 20. God ONLY has immortality, 1 Tim. 6:16. Immortality is a gift given to the saved.
Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
If anyone has questions about these things, I welcome discussion! There are many more Scriptures on this topic and I will be happy to share. God does not keep the wicked alive for all eternity so He can torture them! That is Satan's most disgusting lie!

Thanks for the care, thoughts and prayer. Things are very difficult here in the times of covid as it means I could not fly over to be with my family or to attend any funeral or be involved with arrangements. So its very unreal in some ways. other than I had to send a letter to the coroner. To say I was in agreement that David's body would be released to a certain undertaker. That I believe will happen this week.
It's all very raw and early days yet. I am so very priviledged to be held up in prayer by my coop mates. I believe it makes a great difference indeed.
oes :cool:

Thanks for the care, thoughts and prayer. Things are very difficult here in the times of covid as it means I could not fly over to be with my family or to attend any funeral or be involved with arrangements. So its very unreal in some ways. other than I had to send a letter to the coroner. To say I was in agreement that David's body would be released to a certain undertaker. That I believe will happen this week.
It's all very raw and early days yet. I am so very priviledged to be held up in prayer by my coop mates. I believe it makes a great difference indeed.
oes :cool:
We are indeed supporting you in love and prayer. These are difficult times, to be sure! May the Lord be very near to you and your family in this trial. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom