prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

@BigBlueHen53 I've been sick for 10 days straight now...tested negative for everything. They said sinusitis but it feels so similar to when I had covid. So many around here in our town are sick too.
...I bet ya There is a new strain of it again and tests aren't picking it up yet.
Really thought I was on the up hill turn yesterday but worse this morning and coughing all through the night regardless of prescription cough meds!
Ooh, sorry to hear. Sinusitis is a symptom, a condition, isn't it? I mean, what's causing the inflammation of the sinuses? Did they give you antibiotics? If not, they must think you have a virus. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs

Oh I just remembered another good home remedy for coughs and colds.

In a blender place the juice of one fresh lemon, half an onion, a good-sized chunk of fresh ginger (peel and all), and two cups of really hot water. Spin till thoroughly blended. Strain into a pitcher. Add a quarter cup of honey or more to taste. If it's too strong, add more water. Take it by the tablespoon as needed. It should taste kind of terrible but at the same time kind of irresistible. A couple of tablespoons every few hours, I have found, clears congestion.

My family calls this Kickapoo Juice. I kept it refrigerated, put an "Icky Face" sticker on it, and the kids would sneak spoonfuls of it when they thought I wasn't looking. 🤣

Gonna go make up a batch right now, I have ginger in the freezer.

Ooh, sorry to hear. Sinusitis is a symptom, a condition, isn't it? I mean, what's causing the inflammation of the sinuses? Did they give you antibiotics? If not, they must think you have a virus. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs
Yes finished last day if antibiotics today.
I'm guessing our crazy Tennessee weather caused it...still coughing like crazy but getting some energy back. Thank You Lord!

Yes finished last day if antibiotics today.
I'm guessing our crazy Tennessee weather caused it...still coughing like crazy but getting some energy back. Thank You Lord!
It's not just TN, Sister, weather crazy everywhere! We'll have temps close to 70, then down to almost freezing the next day ... was upper 60's today but DH built a fire before bed, as it will be upper 30's in the am. Been like that for a month or more! I'm almost done with my ABX and steroids too, but they will keep working for another 5-7 days in my body. I'm definitely not well yet, but on the mend and yes, praise God!

It's not just TN, Sister, weather crazy everywhere! We'll have temps close to 70, then down to almost freezing the next day ... was upper 60's today but DH built a fire before bed, as it will be upper 30's in the am. Been like that for a month or more! I'm almost done with my ABX and steroids too, but they will keep working for another 5-7 days in my body. I'm definitely not well yet, but on the mend and yes, praise God!
Yep sign of the times for sure!
This morning it is sleeting. Of course I took all my run wraps down yesterday cuz they were suffocating from such a high humidity and temperature!
Praying they can survive the on and off cold snaps!

Back
Top Bottom