Prayers for a homeless woman....*Update/ long RANT pg 3**

Thanks Phox, that's the kind of reminder most of us need when faced with the selfish users of this world.

Absolutely agree. Help everyone you can. BUT if someone is not willing to help themselves, you are not responsible for "fixing" that person. You showed compassion, shared your home for goodness sake, that says a lot for you. Feel proud that you did what you were supposed to. Maybe she will wake up one day and help herself.

Change your locks! Don't wait to do it. These people always come back and they bring their "friends."

Home invasion is the next step. Your first responsiblity is to yourself and your family.

Your misplaced charity may get you and your family killed. Think of your family.

Rufus

I'm not worried about locks...I have 4 very large dogs and a rooster with an attitude. Seriously though, I live over an hour away from where she has been living(ie towns) and I know she doesn't have the gumption to come back here.

God will bless you for having a charitable heart, not on the end result of that charity. It's so hard to have to go through this kind of experience because it tends to make you more cynical. YOU did a good thing, she did not.

It is so hard to believe that there are people who choose to live like that, but there are. I used to live in a third world country and the poverty was staggering. There were children that would beg outside of the stores where I would shop. I used to give them money until I learned that they had been to all the shelters and missions for short periods of time, but liked their freedom more. I also found out that they had an older man that they worked for and all money they got was turned over to him at the end of the day. So I started giving them food to eat. Opened packages, 1/2 a piece of fruit or 1/2 a loaf of bread. Why you ask? Because if it was anything whole they were ordered to resell it and turn in the money. Sad, but true.

I've been a landlady for years. I have no more pity left in me for these type of people. They are homeless because they want to be. While there are people out there who try hard and get nowhere, 98% are this type of person you took in. Trust me - I've heard it all!

My first thought when I read your thread was "mistake!" but so many were praising your kindness I didn't want to be the naysayer in the bunch.

Take this as a life lesson. Never take anyone into your home unless it's family, long time friend or a neighbor in trouble. Give any charity to your church or your own family and you'll sleep better at night.

I applaud you for your kindness, but the reality of this world is most people are predators to the kindness in others.

Good luck and I hope she's out of your lives for good!

I'm sorry about the whole situation. You were doing what you could to make things right for her, and got taken advantage of. It's a very sad state of affairs, especially when you encounter someone who really needs the help, you will be much more hesitant.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom