Prayers for my sister - need feedback on my email please?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, May 26, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I just got a heartbreaking email from one of my older sisters. She's in her late 50s and raising her two mentally ill grandsons, one of whom just hit puberty.

She's at her wits end after the older boy turned more violent this week and caused injury to the younger one. I'm scared to death of a violent end to the whole mess.

I replied to her asking her to PLEASE consider commitment for the older boy before he seriously hurts someone. Also, to consider sending the younger one to us for a few weeks so she can get a break. Everyone in the family agrees that my DH is able to "reach" the younger boy like no one ever has.

Just prayers, good thoughts, lighting a candle, whatever good vibes you've got.

TIA

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Hugs and thoughts for you and your family! [​IMG] Hope your sister looks after herself as well.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Poor lady... it IS soo hard to deal with those types of kids 24/7.... no break..nothing. You basically become a prisioner in your own house...
    I feel for her.
    And yes.. sometimes the BEST/KINDEST/SAFEST thing you can do for a child like that is to get him some live-in, out of home, treatment...

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You got it, Gritty.

5. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Sending Prayers and hope it helps your family [​IMG]

6. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lavenderlakefarm

lavenderlakefarm Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    Are they being seen by a mental health clinic? Sometimes committment is the only option to get them under control with meds/treatment.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Both boys have more doctors appointments, meds., diagnosises, etc., than you can shake a stick at.

The older boys wires just are shorted out in his head, plain and simple. He hasn't been right since birth.

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I have nothing but admiration for folks like your sister who step up and deal with something like she has. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by