Prayers needed

Pics
Any updates?
Sorry I missed this post! She’s still in the hospital. They’re continuing to monitor her and have her on an IV. Hopefully she’ll be discharged today after she sees a high risk doctor and her OB. No updates on how Austyn is doing though. Currently she’s getting an ultrasound and will continue to be monitored throughout the day. A neonatal doc met with my sister on Saturday just to discuss risks and what to expect with a premature and while she’s in the NICU. Like I mentioned before, August 6 is the absolute earliest she will come home. Thanks for asking!

Oh man! Baby Austyn still hasn’t grown. I’m flooded with emotions, and many tears. I am so scared and worried about her and my sister but I know god is with us and watching over her and the many doctors assisting her. She’s now in the 9th percentile for her abdomen size versus the 22nd when I started this thread. The umbilical cord seems to be the issue with a slow blood flow. High risk doc said he wants to leave her in a little longer and monitor her twice a week until he feels it’s time for her to come out. He still needs to meet with my sisters main doc to see if she has another plan. Thank you all for all the prayers and kind words, it really helps a lot in times like this.

Oh man! Baby Austyn still hasn’t grown. I’m flooded with emotions, and many tears. I am so scared and worried about her and my sister but I know god is with us and watching over her and the many doctors assisting her. She’s now in the 9th percentile for her abdomen size versus the 22nd when I started this thread. The umbilical cord seems to be the issue with a slow blood flow. High risk doc said he wants to leave her in a little longer and monitor her twice a week until he feels it’s time for her to come out. He still needs to meet with my sisters main doc to see if she has another plan. Thank you all for all the prayers and kind words, it really helps a lot in times like this.
So sorry. :hugs things like this are so hard to process emotionally.
My sister's first baby had omphalocele and it was a lot for me to process, never mind her. But God was with her and her son, as He is with your sister and Austyn. Sending hugs and prayers and peace
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not, I will help thee.

:hugs Thank you so much
How is your sisters baby now, if you don’t mind me asking?
He's doing well! He's 4 now. He has one more major surgery left to complete his road to recovery, to get his organs back in his abdominal cavity, but he's a pretty normal kid. It's been a long road, with my sister needing to find a different Dr in another state and a few trips to the ER due to him being susceptible to illness, but God is good, and I know my sister has grown a lot through this whole ordeal.

He's doing well! He's 4 now. He has one more major surgery left to complete his road to recovery, to get his organs back in his abdominal cavity, but he's a pretty normal kid. It's been a long road, with my sister needing to find a different Dr in another state and a few trips to the ER due to him being susceptible to illness, but God is good, and I know my sister has grown a lot through this whole ordeal.
Rooting for him!

I think that's why God allows all the "ordeals" in our lives ... to help us grow. I just want to tell Him I learn real good by reading out of a book, too. Sigh. But He knows best.

Back
Top Bottom