Prayers needed

Pics

Crazy Duck Lover

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Southern United States 🇺🇸
Hey guys. Yesterday I got some scary news and just wanted to ask for some prayers.

My sister is 32 weeks pregnant with a baby girl! From the start, we knew she was a small baby but the doctor said it was nothing to worry about. Yesterday my sister went in for an ultrasound (supposed to be her last) and we could tell something was wrong. The tech kept re-measuring the baby and looking closely at the screen. She then said "You're supposed to see the doctor today, correct? I keep trying to call and they won't answer" Why was she trying to call? Turns out, baby Austyn has asymmetrical secondary IUGR. When my sisters OB gets back on Monday she will look over everything and decide when she wants to deliver the baby. Austyn's brain and head seem to be right, but her abdomen is <1 percentile. She will need to spend a few weeks in the NICU and they will do everything they can to save her. This is a very scary time for our family and any prayers is appreciated. Thanks BYC 💕

A quick prayer:
Heavenly Father,
Your word says that children are a gift from the Lord. I come to you today to thank you for giving us this beautiful gift. It is not not because we are good people, but because you are a good father. Father, I speak a blessing over Baby Austyn and Amber. May you surround them with favor and love as with a shield. Let the rest of Ambers pregnancy come with its share of blessings and protection. Remove fear from Ambers heart and fill her and Baby Austyn with unconditional love. Send your angels to strengthen her and Baby Austyn so that they can remain strong throughout the rest of the pregnancy. In Jesus name, we pray, Amen. 🙏🙌

Love you two girls 🤍🤍🤍

I will continue to update this thread as we find out more.

@DucksAreBest @PolishAllTheWay @MGG @Lemon-Drop @MarshyRooster @JustAChickenLoverOverHere @CaliFarmsAR @Star silkies @Geraldsfamily

1623440560095.png

SMALL UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with the doctor. My sister will go in on Thursday to see her actual doctor (she saw the nurse practitioner last week) and will get another ultrasound. Then the doctor will communicate a plan. We’re now thinking Austyn will come in a week to two but have a VERY long stay in the NICU. 2 months at the minimum. Thank you guys for all the prayers!

5 month update!!
Austyn is doing AMAZING! She’s eating about 6oz per feeding. My sister added in some of the stage 1 baby food. Dang that girl can eat! She’ll wolf down a whole container! She’s still on the small side , of course. She’s started “talking” a ton! Even through the night. She was sleeping through the night, but now she wakes up and is either talking or whining. She’s smiling and laughing a ton now too! She’s rolled over a few times, but it really seems like she’s trying to get on her knees and crawl. Oh, she also got her ears pierced! All in all, she’s doing great! I want to thank you all again for the continued love and prayers throughout this journey.
976A28C2-751F-400F-8112-E8083124A05E.jpeg
C8B89F99-039D-43CE-9910-E1173046E3C3.jpeg
B53E7DF9-C1BD-4D27-A414-AB1712727CE1.jpeg

Sorry guys! It was a crazy day!! Baby Austyn was born today, July 15, 2021 at 12:57pm. She weighed in at 4lbs 13oz and 17 1/4 inches. I have lots of good news! Originally the doctor was planning on taking her straight to the NICU. When my sister went into the OR there were a lot of pediatricians because they just didn’t know how Austyn would be when she came out. So me my other sister, the rest of the family, and my dad weren’t even expecting to meet her. Well the pediatricians all agreed that she was doing AMAZING, so she didn’t have to go the NICU at all! What a blessing! Everyone got to meet baby Austyn and I think she looks just like my sister!!!!! Tomorrow they will do a hearing test because a virus was contacted during the pregnancy and hearing loss is a symptom but were still not sure and won’t be for a few weeks, if Austyn got the virus also or only my sister.

Unfortunately, my sister wants me to wait to post pictures until she does to her social media’s and makes the official announcement🤍 I’m so sorryyyyyyy! I’ll just tell y’all she’s a super cute babyy🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍
#AustynReign
#ARC

96461F74-54EF-4E1E-9AE1-154CCCBF2837.jpeg

8 week update!
Austyn is doing amazing! ✨ She has just passed newborn measurements! She’s growing good, actually very good considering her situation! She got a hip x-ray a few weeks ago since she was also a breach baby.. that looks good! Her eating is a little slow but most days she drinks 3oz per feeding. So far she’s hit all her milestones right on time if not early! She’s always happy and smiling now! I love this girl!!💕

Praying. I had to look up what that medical condition is and this popped off the page at me: "Many, many asymmetric IUGR babies grow out of it within the first 1-2 years. Their bodies kind of even themselves out and they have few, if any, long term side effects." Sharing that for the comfort it might bring.

Thank you guys so much! Y’all are all so kind. Yes @Geckolady most do turn out fine and I know she will. The most concerning thing is if she will come out of the womb alive. The doctors believe her lack of growth is due to an oxygen and or nutrient deficiency. This week we will have a plan set to get her out asap, most likely through a C-Section. That quote gave me a lot of hope and comfort for her life after birth. Thank you🤍

Back
Top Bottom