Pre-ordering for spring chicks

skunknchatter

Crowing
16 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Northern Utah
Where do you guys order your chicks from? I can get some locally from feed stores but they don't always have what I want. I just need a small number so somewhere without a minimum would be nice. Also I'm into humane/organic farming when possible so any hatcheries you know of that fit the guide lines?

I oredered 9 from mpc that are coming in spring Of the breeds i want. Meyers is another good place.

My pet chicken isn't a hatchery, they are a drop shipper of chicks, they send chicks from Meyer. MPC tends to have higher prices per chick. I compared the chicks I wanted to order between Meyer and MPC and Meyer has cheaper chick prices and a little higher cost for shipping. and MPC is the opposite. For what I wanted it worked out that Meyer was about $5 less.

We have opened our website for spring ordering, but do carry a minimum of 15 just because chicks fare better in transit with the added warmth. There is no minimum per breed however and we have several to choose from. We are humane and do not kill, but raise any extra chicks that we have. We usually do well though and unless I purposely set a hatch back, I usually don't have any extra chickens left over a few months old except for maybe a couple of roosters, but still thus far they have always found a home. Good luck in your search and happy new year!

Quote:
What are Meyers minimums? Just curious.

Their minimum for chicks is 3.

Thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom