predators and pest

chickieboy

Songster
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
broken bow
what has sky blue eyes i saw this one morning around 415 am behind my chicken coop with my flashlight as i was let my chicken and duck pen door open so they could get in their chicken run then it was daylight for water and food as i have to be at work at 5 30 am as it is now i leave them lock up all day until i get home , i have a light on then at night just in the chicken run . i saw big tracks behind my pen before bigger than my dogs and i have big dogs , 5 of thems does any one have any ideal ? we through panther but the game ranger says we don t have any in the state of okla , but people clame to have seen them , but no one has killed one .

they say here in rhode island that we dont have bears but i've seen one deep in the woods area, and then about a year ago the news was going crazy over the fact that someone had spotted a brown bear around. i dont think they ever found it but its quite possible for wildlife that isnt normally in the area, TO BE in the area... by migration or some dumb person releasing animals or pets.. someone here who lived near my aunts just gave up thier pet mountain lion that they had a permit to, all it takes is someones exotic pet to get loose...

i think imp is right, anything with tracks i think you'd be able to know between a dog or a bear, etc. and blue eyes only makes me think of one thing, and thats huskies, there are some other breeds with blue eyes though, so its def. probably a dog..

You mean the eyes reflected blue from your flashlight? (I'm trying to imagine how you could see blue eyes but not see what it was)

As far as there being no cougars in Oklahoma. That can't be right. OK, maybe "officially" there are no cougars, but any state that has any amount of woods and deer just about has to have cougars. Officials never want to admit they're there...Shoot the year we left Omaha 2 (definitely) or 3 (I'm pretty sure it was 3) young male cougars ended up being caught in mid town Omaha (not all together, at different times). One attacked its reflection in the mirrored windows of an office building!

They are everywhere. You just don't see them in the normal course of events. Even when they are plentiful.

Blue eyes could be a house cat right? I know the tracks are large so maybe a strange hybrid coyote/husky/wolf or something?

Quote:
Some house cats have blue eyes but my blue eyed cats always 'glowed' (reflected) red in the dark from a flashlight or other light.

And I always thought animals whose eyes were yellow, green or brown 'glowed' yellow or green in the dark.

I don't know what color eyes would glow blue.

Of course I'm assuming that the OP is talking about eyes reflecting blue. I don't see all that well, but if I was close enough to see blue eyes in the daylight, I could see the rest of the animal.

Back
Top Bottom