Predators

Here is my coop

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_151829.jpg
    IMG_20200519_151829.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 15
Your coop doesn't seem to have many weak spots.
you can bury fencing around your run 2 ft-1/2 ft down to keep out burying animals,
102 Best Keeping out Predators images in 2020 | Coops, Chickens ...

-Avoid spilling feed and leaving it out over night for it will attract rodents
-Fill in any holes in the coop big enough for any rodents or snakes to slip through.(having an elevated coop helps for no snakes and burrowing animals.)

Your coop looks pretty well protected.

one thing, is your coop vented at all? you need some ventilation.

Here is my coop
I would setup a very simply hot-wire perimeter using a solar charged fencer mounted to coop. I need not go all the way around the coop. Target are those that will be digging are able to force way through the walls of coop. A medium sized dog could get through those walls in a minute or so. My dogs can do it in seconds to get a snake or raccoon.

I'd just suggest a good apron. Get some 4 foot 1 inch x 1/2 inch welded wire fencing and fold it in half (2 foot x 2 foot) and attach it to the bottom of the whole thing. Otherwise (and it's neater looking) is to bury it like suggested.

The main problems A: seems to be small, how many chicks are you keeping? Doesn't seem big enough to keep one maybe 2 chickens in. B: is ventilation in the coop. Ya'll up north are different as you want to close it off more in the colder months but they do need vents in the summer.

I agree with Centra, you need an electric fence completely around the coop. Premier electric poultry fencing with a Gallagher solar charger purchased from your local Tractor Supply or farm store would work great , which is what I am using.
How many chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom