Pregnancy bedrest..... any suggestions to ease the boredom??????

Well I couldn't come up with anything until I saw your newest reply op...

If the meds are making her loopy, its no wonder shes getting bored. Some things make it really hard to concentrate well enough to actually get into a book or a tv show.
My suggestion for that scenario is to make it really hands on and simple. Silly and juvenile as it sounds... I liked a coloring book for that once
hide.gif
All I had to focus on was staying in the lines. I also played with stickers and little fun projects usually meant for kids. Maybe it might feel weird to her, but she still might find some entertainment that way
tongue.png

In the same way.. that sort of thing is good for helping people work on interests they hadn't enjoyed before.. so maybe you should bring her some scrapbook stuff so she can play with decorating. It might be something she only laughs at later, but if it keeps her entertained..... also perhaps beading or playing with jewlery making... a craft store would be a great place to go and browse for more ideas.

I understand with the knitting too... once you really have the hang of knitting, it becomes so mindless that it doesent occupy your mind very well.
So perhaps some new projects along that line... she could try crocheting if she doesent already... embroidery, ect. There also might be some sort of sewing projects she could do from bed....

You could also perhaps... just perhaps try to make some subtle suggestions regarding tv shows. It might help her just to dumb things down a bit and watch cartoons or something along that line.. or a slow moving nature program. If they are slower she may have an easier time focusing on them.

Of course, as someone else said... some daily company might help her out a lot! Even if you can only call some other friends over and take turns or something... I'm sure it would break up the monotony if she knew a friend would be over every day or so for some tea and chatting.

Back
Top Bottom