Pregnant duck, what to do

I was hanging out with my ducks and my neighbor came over and told me my duck was pregnant. I’ve never ever raised ducklings before so what should I do?? What to expect?? Should I let her brood??
first off: a duck, or any kind of bird, cannot be pregnant. That is physically impossible. Just like a human cannot lay an egg, a duck cannot become pregnant.
That being said, unless you want ducklings, you should break the broodiness now. Just take away any eggs she tries hatching.

first off: a duck, or any kind of bird, cannot be pregnant. That is physically impossible. Just like a human cannot lay an egg, a duck cannot become pregnant.
That being said, unless you want ducklings, you should break the broodiness now. Just take away any eggs she tries hatching.
I know sorry, I thought using the pregnant would make sense. They didn’t say she was pregnant but she was expecting egg. should have used that instead so apologies !!

I was hanging out with my ducks and my neighbor came over and told me my duck was pregnant. I’ve never ever raised ducklings before so what should I do?? What to expect?? Should I let her brood??
As everyone else has said, birds can't get pregnant, they lay eggs. Has she started laying eggs yet?

Back
Top Bottom