Premature ducky help!!

NewDuckyMom16

In the Brooder
May 27, 2020
Hi, I had recently gotten duck eggs, and the date for them to hatch was today and the two Pekin ducks haven’t even made the small hole yet, and the black duck hatched early and it had this greenish, brownish, yellowish sac attached that doesn’t have blood vessels but it clearly the yoke. I don’t know how to care for this little guy, I did put him in a mug with a wet paper towel around like a diaper, and every now and then I put him in front of the heat lamp, but he keeps falling asleep for a second then waking up and chirping. I have given him some sugar water every now and then but that’s it. How long until the egg Yolk is absorbed? And will he survive? And what do I do next?
35BDAD98-42E3-4EAE-BA86-57631D05CB87.jpeg
F891285A-3FCD-4485-A766-DBD18ED7420D.jpeg

Hi, I had recently gotten duck eggs, and the date for them to hatch was today and the two Pekin ducks haven’t even made the small hole yet, and the black duck hatched early and it had this greenish, brownish, yellowish sac attached that doesn’t have blood vessels but it clearly the yoke. I don’t know how to care for this little guy, I did put him in a mug with a wet paper towel around like a diaper, and every now and then I put him in front of the heat lamp, but he keeps falling asleep for a second then waking up and chirping. I have given him some sugar water every now and then but that’s it. How long until the egg Yolk is absorbed? And will he survive? And what do I do next?View attachment 2162642View attachment 2162643
Thats just embryo goop. Aka the duckling's wastes from inside the egg. Not the yolk. You can just pull it off and put him in the brooder. He's totally fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom