Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
Now that my ducks are "cleanish" in my breeding pen I can see I have a couple I need to move to the other pen... :rolleyes: I thought one was white but she is light brown, and the drake I put in is a penciled not a magpie...brother.
IMG_1333.JPG

Last edited:
Hopefully my interent will be straightened out soon I don't want to miss anything.

Advice? Do either look internally pipped? I’m not sure. I see shadowing towards the top of the shell now. Calling anyone that can be of assistance! :fl
@Isaac 0 @shawluvsbirds @Conan @WVduckchick @Pyxis @casportpony
@BirdsBeesTrees
@Miss Lydia
@MGG
here’s egg 1 from 2 different angles day 27 for this one:

Here’s egg 2 from 2 different angles day 26 for this one:

@WVduckchick @Pyxis @shawluvsbirds

I got your message.

I don't know why, but the videos don't show for me. The bar to play them is there, but the video itself doesn't show.

Anyway, couple quick questions -are we sure the temperature in the incubator was accurate?

I can't really see what's going on in the egg in the videos in this thread, which I can see. When you get home, you'll have to take them out and candle them and see. A safety hole won't hurt anything if you want to do them. Also, look for any patches on the shell that look 'bruised', which could indicate that they are malpositioned and trying to pip there but are unable to.

I got your message.

I don't know why, but the videos don't show for me. The bar to play them is there, but the video itself doesn't show.

Anyway, couple quick questions -are we sure the temperature in the incubator was accurate?

I can't really see what's going on in the egg in the videos in this thread, which I can see. When you get home, you'll have to take them out and candle them and see. A safety hole won't hurt anything if you want to do them. Also, look for any patches on the shell that look 'bruised', which could indicate that they are malpositioned and trying to pip there but are unable to.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. Yes, the temperature is accurate I calibrated it and checked it with a separate thermometer. Day 1 started 24 hours after I set them. I checked really good and haven’t seen any bruising. Last hatch I had one that was malpositioned and bruised the shell. I assisted him and now know what the bruise looks like. I just got home so I’m going to check them right now and probably add safety holes. One other question I have another egg from the same batch on day 27 that hasn’t done anything no drawdown, shadowing or anything. I can still see good veining but no movement. It may of passed or may be malpositioned but I don’t see any bruising. Can I go ahead and open the air cell to see what’s going on? Or if it’s still alive?

Back
Top Bottom