Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

I believe I've lost my 6th egg. Not sure what happened but I'm hoping someone will know.
20210416_121015.jpg

My candler needs batteries because it's not as bright so this flashlight worked well.

Thank you @FunnyfarmMidwest This is my first attempt at hatching ducks so in the excitement of the other eggs pips I feel like there's a chance that maybe I wanted to see movement last night in this egg and in reality it wasn't. Or maybe it quit overnight.

The remaining 5 seem to be OK. I need to stop bothering them though. In my defense I'm not taking them out of the incubator, only candling from the outside, keeping the incubator closed. I imagine they're tired from all the work their doing

Thank you @FunnyfarmMidwest This is my first attempt at hatching ducks so in the excitement of the other eggs pips I feel like there's a chance that maybe I wanted to see movement last night in this egg and in reality it wasn't. Or maybe it quit overnight.

The remaining 5 seem to be OK. I need to stop bothering them though. In my defense I'm not taking them out of the incubator, only candling from the outside, keeping the incubator closed. I imagine they're tired from all the work their doing
Of course. I’m not 100 percent sure so maybe I’d leave it for now. At least until @WVduckchick can chime in. It does look like ones that I’ve had quit. It’s possible it quit overnight I’m not sure.
Glad the 5 are doing well! Candling through the outside is fine, I tend to do this often. :)

@HeatherKellyB This late in the incubation, that egg should be much more full of darkness. From what I see, I believe that one quit some time ago. :(
So this was a case of wishful thinking. Thank you @WVduckchick for the confirmation. It's been removed. This one did look different but of course wishful thinking can do crazy things to rational thoughts. Thankfully it didn't get messy. The last 5 are moving around and definitely internally pipped with 3 externally pipped. Some of them are much more chatty than others but I love hearing them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom