Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

:love too cute!
(are these from my eggs? I couldn’t remember if you had others or not)

I have a variety of sizes, most of my greys are the smallest, I have one that is super tiny, but none of my ducks are overly large. Could be male/female size difference, I haven’t hatched very many from this group, and many of them are first year layers.

@FunnyfarmMidwest , you asked about Phoenix - she’s doing so great even being a loner. She has chicks in brooders beside her, but in a brooder by herself. I might try putting a couple chicks in with her this week. I think I’ll have a couple hatch this week that were originally under my white hen, but we’ll see. I think one of the 8 eggs is quitting, but it’s still in for now.
I’m so glad to hear that Phoenix is doing great! I’ve been wondering. ❤️
She’s such a sweetie! Maybe she’d like some chick friends. :clap

(are these from my eggs? I couldn’t remember if you had others or not)
Yes, these little cuties are from your eggs (congratulations grandma! ~ I'm kidding)

These ducklings are hilarious! They're like popcorn with the zoomies. They're all getting along really well. My daughter and I are in love with them!

Is this your YouTube channel?
Yes it is. :D
There are a few duck videos there. :p

Yes, these little cuties are from your eggs (congratulations grandma! ~ I'm kidding)

These ducklings are hilarious! They're like popcorn with the zoomies. They're all getting along really well. My daughter and I are in love with them!

I wish you had gotten more, but really you did great. Call eggs don’t ship the best, so getting any to hatch is an achievement!
Post some pics when you get a chance. Please. :D

@WVduckchick i just watched your video of all the calls on their nests. Wow that’s a lot of broody calls! :gig:eek:

bet you’ll get quite a few ducklings!

:lau I actually forgot that one was public. I made that for someone. :lol:
The one in the first big bush is the latest 4 eggs I just put in the incubator. I don’t know why she abandoned them so early, I think those eggs were only day 10ish.

I also discovered another nest today. A couple of my drakes were wandering around in an area that they don’t normally go, so I sneaked around and found her. She went back in the pen at dark, so she’s not committed yet. I checked to see how many eggs she had, and there’s like 10 or 11 there! :th
She’s hidden pretty well!
A347DE13-50D0-4E6F-9C95-96C9CF6BE814.jpeg

The one in the first big bush is the latest 4 eggs I just put in the incubator. I don’t know why she abandoned them so early, I think those eggs were only day 10ish.

I also discovered another nest today. A couple of my drakes were wandering around in an area that they don’t normally go, so I sneaked around and found her. She went back in the pen at dark, so she’s not committed yet. I checked to see how many eggs she had, and there’s like 10 or 11 there! :th
View attachment 2624237
I went to check my broodies eggs today and discovered someone added to the nest. She had about 5 extra eggs in there. 🤦 3 out of those were developing. Looked to be on about day 5.
So.
Guess who has eggs in the bator again now. 🤪
I marked the developing ones and just went ahead and filled it up with the rest of the eggs from this last week.
I guess when it's time for those ones with the head start to go into lock down I'll just unplug the Turner and continue to turn the rest by hand for a few more days.
Hopefully by that time raising the humidity a bit for the hatching ones won't hurt the others.
Guess I'll find out.

View attachment 2624237
I LOVE the quack fest video! You have a gorgeous place. And all of those calls!!! I love how such an adorable and extremely loud noise is coming from something so tiny and stunningly gorgeous! It's like they're trying to out quack each other. The National Quackers Conference! I love it!

Yes it is. :D
There are a few duck videos there. :p

I wish you had gotten more, but really you did great. Call eggs don’t ship the best, so getting any to hatch is an achievement!
Post some pics when you get a chance. Please. :D
Thank you! The way you packaged the eggs played a huge roll. Thank you for packing them with such care. I'm excited to try again so I hope to purchase more eggs from you and others here that take such wonderful care of their call ducks. As stressful as this was, they're worth it! I don't think it will be as stressful next time but I hatching isn't ever stress free, at least for me :D

View attachment 2624237
Lol :gig

Not another nest! :eek:

@duluthralphie should be scared for his life! :lau

Back
Top Bottom