Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

I went to check my broodies eggs today and discovered someone added to the nest. She had about 5 extra eggs in there. 🤦 3 out of those were developing. Looked to be on about day 5.
So.
Guess who has eggs in the bator again now. 🤪
I marked the developing ones and just went ahead and filled it up with the rest of the eggs from this last week.
I guess when it's time for those ones with the head start to go into lock down I'll just unplug the Turner and continue to turn the rest by hand for a few more days.
Hopefully by that time raising the humidity a bit for the hatching ones won't hurt the others.
Guess I'll find out.
Yay! So exciting! :celebrate
I bet they’ll be fine. I did that the first time around. I had the eggs that Squeegee abandoned (about a week behind mine in development) and they hatched out fine with the high humidity. I wasn’t exactly sure what day they were on when I added them.

In full transparency, I'm having trouble keeping my humidity up for some reason. This is the first time I've ran into this in this incubator. I have my NR360 running as I wanted to incubate half of the eggs in it and half in the Brinsea Maxi Advance II and it's been running empty for the entire incubation period, so if it'd be best to move them to the NR360, I can do that. I ended up incubating in the Brinsea because of the cooling feature. The humidity is more easily maintained because all ports on the NR360 are filled from the outside. Brinsea has one port that's filled internally and the other is filled externally. I've added a Sponge in a small tray to the Brinsea and have it to where I can crack the lid and add water to the Sponge to help keep humidity up. I do have 2 separate thermometers/hydrometers. I am worried about shrink wrapping
If an egg has externally pipped don't open the lid! You can add water through the external fill up point on the Brinsea by filling it past the line on the side.

Well I have some disappointing news. I lost another one of Squeegee’s eggs (now in the incubator) . I could see it still had yolk so I didn’t want to assist any further. I left it be for the night (with most of the air cell open. I came out to check it this morning and it was dead. It died before absorbing the yolk. I did moisten the membrane but it looks like it got stuck to the duckling further back. I feel really bad. I was going to wiggle it’s little head out but didn’t want to because it had a larger ball of yolk. :(

:hit

Here’s two of the big ducklings (first batch)... I didn’t get a pic of Chip because she was being squirmy... :gig

Here’s Splash Jr she is getting so big
D2C77D8D-6D83-46B5-A0FB-8C6A9A33E7A2.jpeg
3D7812A3-CE76-442B-A7E6-9E5FCF1B49E5.jpeg
6A70ADD1-BD9F-4218-97DE-7C81C997374A.jpeg
990C09D9-205E-4B2B-B04E-5DD74F306D8A.jpeg
579C0B1B-F42D-4D07-92D1-96908F143F99.jpeg

@FunnyfarmMidwest I'm so sorry you lost a duckling, especially right here at hatch. It's like a punch right in the gut, and heart if we're being honest. I'm sending you virtual hugs!

You have some gorgeous ducks! They're both quite the lookers! Wow!
Thanks so much for the condolences, I really appreciate it. It’s really hard. :hugs
Aww, that’s so sweet. Thanks dearly! ❤️

You’re ducklings are absolutely adorable! How are they all doing this morning? :)

Back
Top Bottom