Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Good morning!
20210422_013939.jpg

How sweet! ❤️
Is that cutie a little Snowy?
I'm not sure. @WVduckchick will probably know since she has the parents. I need to familiarize myself with the colors and types better.
This cutie was formally known as #2. The most outgoing of the group. My daughter is calling her Lylah. It's silly but we always give them feminine names.
#4 now known as Faith, hatched last and is about half the size of this one pictured. They have similar colored down and bills. There's a straight line that goes across their backs just below the base of their necks where the color changes to a more brownish grayish tinged yellow. They both also have a faint triangle of this same color right behind their bills. I'm not sure if this description helps determine their color or not. I got pictures last night and will upload them as soon as I finish up working.
I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing pictures and videos of everyone's beautiful ducklings! It's addictive and soothing (oddly enough) I love this thread!

I'm not sure. @WVduckchick will probably know since she has the parents. I need to familiarize myself with the colors and types better.
This cutie was formally known as #2. The most outgoing of the group. My daughter is calling her Lylah. It's silly but we always give them feminine names.
#4 now known as Faith, hatched last and is about half the size of this one pictured. They have similar colored down and bills. There's a straight line that goes across their backs just below the base of their necks where the color changes to a more brownish grayish tinged yellow. They both also have a faint triangle of this same color right behind their bills. I'm not sure if this description helps determine their color or not. I got pictures last night and will upload them as soon as I finish up working.
I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing pictures and videos of everyone's beautiful ducklings! It's addictive and soothing (oddly enough) I love this thread!
I had missed the pic! Shame on me.
I would guess snowy, but we need some better pics! :D
(I just want to see more, ya know)
I see 2 greys, wish they were all that easy.

I had missed the pic! Shame on me.
I would guess snowy, but we need some better pics! :D
(I just want to see more, ya know)
I see 2 greys, wish they were all that easy.
I'm hoping to be finished here at work soon. The problem is my wifi signal. It's not so great out here in the shop but I'll be able to move closer to the router as soon as I finish up. The ducklings were crazy whenever I put them in a new area last night (early am actually, I'm a night owl) and they would race around every single inch while staying so close to the floor, I'm guessing in the uncertainty. The noise of their feet slapping the ground so fast was hilarious! The two bigger ducklings have mastered jumping on top of the heat plate and they're quite proud of this achievement 🐣🦆🏆🥳 I mention this because they're so fast that it's difficult to get pictures. Hopefully some of them are decent. I can't wait to share them! After seeing @Overo Mare ducklings going for a swim and knowing they're very close in age with mine, I'm so anxious for them to experience their first swim time in the bath tub. I just worry about the 2 little bits getting chilled. So much excitement! These ducklings are the best! I imagine that it's very easy to get addicted to NEEDING more Call Ducks because I feel it already!

I'm hoping to be finished here at work soon. The problem is my wifi signal. It's not so great out here in the shop but I'll be able to move closer to the router as soon as I finish up. The ducklings were crazy whenever I put them in a new area last night (early am actually, I'm a night owl) and they would race around every single inch while staying so close to the floor, I'm guessing in the uncertainty. The noise of their feet slapping the ground so fast was hilarious! The two bigger ducklings have mastered jumping on top of the heat plate and they're quite proud of this achievement 🐣🦆🏆🥳 I mention this because they're so fast that it's difficult to get pictures. Hopefully some of them are decent. I can't wait to share them! After seeing @Overo Mare ducklings going for a swim and knowing they're very close in age with mine, I'm so anxious for them to experience their first swim time in the bath tub. I just worry about the 2 little bits getting chilled. So much excitement! These ducklings are the best! I imagine that it's very easy to get addicted to NEEDING more Call Ducks because I feel it already!
Mine are a bit young too, to be honest. I heat up the bathroom though, use warm water, and limit their play time to around 5 minutes. Then they get wrapped up and put straight back under their heat lamp.

This gives me the time I need to do a good brooder clean and it gives them time to have a bit of clean fun.

I put Phoenix in the sink almost every evening. She seems to enjoy snuggling in the towel, under my neck, afterwards.
I know how hard it can be to get good pics of the little devils. Always moving and blurring the pics. Sometimes if you get the camera ready, then stomp or make some kind of loud noise, they will freeze and you can snap real quick :lol: Video could be another option! (hint, hint)

Yep I’m sure she will! :D
aww tell your daughter that Lylah is a great name! Faith is an adorable name too! They are such sweeties!

I have as well! I’m so glad I decided to make this thread! I’ve learned so much from so many great people and love talking to everyone! There’s so many great people that I so enjoy talking to! The duckling pictures and videos are beyond adorable! I could spend all day looking at them! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom