Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

I'll work on getting better pictures and a video. I thought this was so sweet looking! Faith loves to clean everyone's bills once they've gobbled up mash.
20210422_013801.jpg

They are so adorable! (If I do say so myself lol)
I have so many color combinations possible, I can’t even guess the parents of the lighter ones yet. I can’t remember if my white hen was sitting when your eggs were collected or not, white could always be a wild card, including my white drake, since he was definitely active with other hens, even if his wife was already sitting. :lol:
I’m thinking this may be Faith’s momma though. She’s my last khaki.
CE692D18-756B-40B0-A39E-6F12068D21CF.jpeg

They are so adorable! (If I do say so myself lol)
I have so many color combinations possible, I can’t even guess the parents of the lighter ones yet. I can’t remember if my white hen was sitting when your eggs were collected or not, white could always be a wild card, including my white drake, since he was definitely active with other hens, even if his wife was already sitting. :lol:
I’m thinking this may be Faith’s momma though. She’s my last khaki.
View attachment 2630775
Thank you! Wow! She's absolutely stunning!!! I certainly hope she is Faith's mom and she gets some of her looks. They'll be loved either way, but I am just in awe of that beautiful mama! Do you think I should be concerned with the 2 Littles being smaller and supplement with anything now or should I just let them be ducklings and hopefully grow like weeds while keeping an eye out for anything concerning? Gah, I need a khaki now. Well actually I need 3 in every color and combination. That'd could actually be a real life yard full of call ducks, literally! Thanks again for everything!

Since Faith is smaller and her legs are set farther apart sure wouldn't hurt to supplement with either Nutritional yeast or liquid B complex. It's very good for them all. 1tab of NY over a cup of feed and 1 ml of liquid B complex overfeed or treat like crushed up mealworms. They sure are precious. Although here I am giving advice when you have the Call duck experts right here. This is just what I would do.

Wow is PomPom gorgeous ❤️ He looks so healthy, you've done a great job getting him where he is and him and Crazy make a lovely couple.
Thanks so much! I think he’s very handsome (but I may be biased :oops:)... He has come so far and is doing great. He has adapted well to the balance issues he first had when I took him in too. His wing injury fully healed over. I even saw him flapping his half wing yesterday! I owe most of his recovery to his strong will to fight and all the lovely people such as yourself that helped him out! I agree, they are the sweetest couple and very happy to have each other. :hugs :highfive:

@HeatherKellyB here she is today. The pic with her ducklings is one of her hatches last summer. She has lightened up a little, but she is one of my favs
1CBCBC92-EB4F-4C88-B0FA-E7965E510FF4.jpeg 3360DEC1-ABA5-42A3-B16B-2C392CF98A04.jpeg

And this was almost the most I ever had. I think this was taken last September after I had just sold 12! I had 56 at one point, knocked it down to 44 for a long time. I’m at 31 now.
9E0815C3-011E-4564-A063-B103A4969A91.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom