Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Absolutely gorgeous ducks. I could look at everyone's duck pictures all day long, especially Calls! Those little bodies and bills 😍 Videos just bring me the most joy! I love it when y'all share pictures with everyone! Thank you for bringing some joy to my day!

This is probably a dumb question. I have tried to figure out what makes a Snowy a Snowy and the only similarity I see is a lot of white under whatever color. So, what exactly is a Snowy? Lylah's dark head makes me wonder if she's actually a he. Plus there's the thicker bill. I keep seeing Snowy hens with dark heads so I guess I should look for a green head instead. My daughter swears that Lylah quacked a real quack today. She's 9 so at that age where I hate to question her so much and make her doubt herself with something like that. She came in the shop all proud and excited telling me about it. Lylah is 4.5 weeks old, so I'm guessing that we just need to keep listening. My daughter wasn't holding her and it could have been any of them. Then again, I thought I heard a quack a couple of days ago, but again, I was in another room.
Of course I forgot to get a picture of Faith today. I'd love to know your thoughts on her coloring. I'm thinking it's like a creamy light brown. This is all so exciting! @Overo Mare do you know the genders of your first two? I believe our ducklings are just days apart, but I'm not good at this stuff.

About 24 hours taped up, Phoenix’s wing is fine.
C6444F14-55C9-43AF-B11D-321E1C25F404.gif

Yay Phoenix! That's wonderful!

Tallulah quacked tonight while being held out of the bathtub! I believe Lylah did as well, but I wasn't holding her so I'm not 100% sure, only 85% 😊

I used the flash when taking this picture of Faith. They're on charcoal puppy pads (dark gray/black) and they're still a little bit wet from their bath. Hopefully this doesn't alter her color.
20210518_231507.jpg

@Conan congratulations! Gorgeous ducklings. So so precious.

Back
Top Bottom