Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Roxy and Butter looking awfully pretty yesterday. 😍
View attachment 2719722

I love them!! :love

I finally got a chance to check the eggs under one of my hens this morning. Pretty sure they were all dead. I removed most of them, left 2 that I wasn’t positive about, and added one fairly new egg, just in case she refuses to give up.

I love them!! :love

I finally got a chance to check the eggs under one of my hens this morning. Pretty sure they were all dead. I removed most of them, left 2 that I wasn’t positive about, and added one fairly new egg, just in case she refuses to give up.
Aww that sucks. Hope those 2 surprise you. :(

Aww that sucks. Hope those 2 surprise you. :(

I’m doubtful, I’ll see when I get home if she even went back to the nest.
My white hen has been sitting for about 2 weeks. She has tried multiple nests, and usually gives up before hatch time. I’m going to try to check her eggs tonight, and if there are plenty with growth, and if the snowy went back to the few eggs that I left for her, I’m going to give her some from the white hen. She deserves some babies for her devotion.
695A8794-0A43-46F3-8AE2-85C7AD4D7391.jpeg

I’m doubtful, I’ll see when I get home if she even went back to the nest.
My white hen has been sitting for about 2 weeks. She has tried multiple nests, and usually gives up before hatch time. I’m going to try to check her eggs tonight, and if there are plenty with growth, and if the snowy went back to the few eggs that I left for her, I’m going to give her some from the white hen. She deserves some babies for her devotion.
View attachment 2719926
That sounds like a great idea! Hope they end up with some ducklings!

Roxy and Butter looking awfully pretty yesterday. 😍
View attachment 2719722
How's Roxy's voice? I'm changing my vote to boy again because of that orange bill. I've noticed with this group that the boys have light bills, and the girls have dark charcoal bills. The whites are wild cards, obviously, but those with butterscotch, grey, and the like... dark bills are girls. There is no scientific basis behind this, and I'll bet it's a coincidence, but I'm going with it. Lol.

How's Roxy's voice? I'm changing my vote to boy again because of that orange bill. I've noticed with this group that the boys have light bills, and the girls have dark charcoal bills. The whites are wild cards, obviously, but those with butterscotch, grey, and the like... dark bills are girls. There is no scientific basis behind this, and I'll bet it's a coincidence, but I'm going with it. Lol.
I'm still super confused. She has a deeper voice and it's definitely sort of raspy, but she makes quaking noises. Nothing like Butter, but more than what I've heard drakes make. Remind me to get a vid tomorrow. I'll try to upset her so she makes some noise.

Last edited:
I'm still super confused. She has a deeper voice and it's definitely sort of raspy, but she makes quaking noises. Nothing like butter, but more than what I've heard drakes make. Remind me to get a vid tomorrow. I'll try to upset her so she makes some noise.
Piss they/them off so we can have a listen

Back
Top Bottom