Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

@Conan Glad Dinky is ok! A couple years ago I use to have a metal shed for the ducks but we had a really bad storm. The whole shed flew up in the air and crumpled.
My friend had this exact thing happen! She is still using it years later, and says it's just more well ventilated now. Lol.

Thank you. I wiped its eye late last night with warm water. One eye looks perfectly big and bright and the other one is slightly open but obviously not strong and healthy like the other. You're right, this eye was behind the membrane while the other was closer to the pipped area of membrane. I never noticed it stuck but that's probably what happened even if it was slight enough for me to not notice it, and was released without much force. It's still here and doing well. The other duckling just needs to bond with it so it's not crying out for me to hold it. I guess I learned a valuable lesson about snuggling an "only duckling" too much while waiting on hatchmates. It's certainly not that I mind snuggling it by any means. I believe these two are Black Bibbed. It's crazy and even difficult to remember how Lylah, Faith, Paisley, and Tallulah (desperately need a masculine name for this Drake and possibly Paisley but my daughter wants to leave his name as Paisley as he does seem to know his name) were this tiny just a couple of months ago!!! The Aztec ducklings already look gigantic compared to these two latest hatchlings
Show us your Aztec babies!

Show us your Aztec babies!
I'm trying to find the article that offers tips on taking pictures. The pictures I've taken so far are so 😑 I hope to get some that aren't so horrible. I should have taken a video last night whenever they had their first swim in the tub, but of course I didn't even think about it in the moment. I'll get something. It's not easy (for me) to get pictures of them, especially whenever it's six of them. The Blue Pearl looks like the "ugly duckling" although not at all ugly, just different, since there's only one with five Porcelain's! I'm still unable to tell them apart but they're getting their own looks to each duckling, so maybe I'll be able to give them names again soon. I named one of them "Hope" but with this Call having such a long hatch, I want to name that one Hope. One of the newest Calls has a nude bill and the other has a black bill, so even though they're the same color, I'm able to tell them apart easily. Plus one has an eye that's not 100% yet. It's so funny because it looks like one of them has a barefoot with the legs being black and the feet being a light nude with one foot having black spots. The first thing that came to mind was "Contessa" or "Tessa" like the show "Barefoot Contessa" but my daughter said no, so we'll keep thinking. Both of them look like their wearing pants with their legs being solid black, right down to the ankle. Maybe "Britches" but heard from a distance that could easily be mistaken for something else. I'm no good at names now that I've used all of the good ones I had.

Edited: I sure covered a range of things on that ramble, right? 😂🤣😂🤣😂

I was trying to get a pic of my nutmeg/chocolate mallard duckling. He is starting to get some big boy feathers. But his mom panics around me, so she makes it difficult.
But I managed to get a couple of him with the snowy and blue pied.
A4E5F148-C31D-4E7D-9BB3-28C27E4CBD6E.jpeg
533A890A-B527-4680-BF2D-AC2A3011C0FE.jpeg

I was trying to get a pic of my nutmeg/chocolate mallard duckling. He is starting to get some big boy feathers. But his mom panics around me, so she makes it difficult.
But I managed to get a couple of him with the snowy and blue pied.
View attachment 2721632View attachment 2721633
I haven't heard of this color before, so out of curiosity, I need to look it up. You already know the genders of these little cuties? Gorgeous little ducklings!

You have some absolutely amazing and beautiful thick green grass!

I'm trying to find the article that offers tips on taking pictures. The pictures I've taken so far are so 😑 I hope to get some that aren't so horrible. I should have taken a video last night whenever they had their first swim in the tub, but of course I didn't even think about it in the moment. I'll get something. It's not easy (for me) to get pictures of them, especially whenever it's six of them. The Blue Pearl looks like the "ugly duckling" although not at all ugly, just different, since there's only one with five Porcelain's! I'm still unable to tell them apart but they're getting their own looks to each duckling, so maybe I'll be able to give them names again soon. I named one of them "Hope" but with this Call having such a long hatch, I want to name that one Hope. One of the newest Calls has a nude bill and the other has a black bill, so even though they're the same color, I'm able to tell them apart easily. Plus one has an eye that's not 100% yet. It's so funny because it looks like one of them has a barefoot with the legs being black and the feet being a light nude with one foot having black spots. The first thing that came to mind was "Contessa" or "Tessa" like the show "Barefoot Contessa" but my daughter said no, so we'll keep thinking. Both of them look like their wearing pants with their legs being solid black, right down to the ankle. Maybe "Britches" but heard from a distance that could easily be mistaken for something else. I'm no good at names now that I've used all of the good ones I had.

Edited: I sure covered a range of things on that ramble, right? 😂🤣😂🤣😂
I'm all for culottes and caprice (like Capri pants)

Back
Top Bottom