Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

If I had more room, I'd add that breed immediately. I love how hardy I've heard they are đź’ś
They are hardy... and crazy. She has a wild environment where the chickens are basically feral living in trees. I think it will suit them more than my covered run. I have about 3 more in the brooder that I'm growing out for her under the agreement that she has to take them. Lol.

Last edited:
@shawluvsbirds how are midnight and the newest littles doing? :pop :love
Waaeeelll... Long story.
I was trying to figure out what I was going to do because I had three more to hatch in the incubator.
I figured by the time they hatched midnight and the other one would be big enough they might pick on the newest ones. I only have one heat lamp right now. And when I tried putting midnight out there before it really wanted to be with its siblings and they accepted it just fine it was just the mother duck issue.
I don't trust her and I am running out of space to keep seperating ducks. So..
I kicked the mother ducker out and let Midnight and the others join their siblings. Midnight don't care about me no more, he or she is happy with the rest.
Mother duck can still see and talk to them and lay beside them all day.
It has been plenty warm outside they are fine without a heat lamp. It's been pretty hot except for just a couple nights it got a little chilly so I put hot hands warmers in the house with them overnight. They are doing just fine.
20210623_165047_HDR_(1).jpg

Waaeeelll... Long story.
I was trying to figure out what I was going to do because I had three more to hatch in the incubator.
I figured by the time they hatched midnight and the other one would be big enough they might pick on the newest ones. I only have one heat lamp right now. And when I tried putting midnight out there before it really wanted to be with its siblings and they accepted it just fine it was just the mother duck issue.
I don't trust her and I am running out of space to keep seperating ducks. So..
I kicked the mother ducker out and let Midnight and the others join their siblings. Midnight don't care about me no more, he or she is happy with the rest.
Mother duck can still see and talk to them and lay beside them all day.
It has been plenty warm outside they are fine without a heat lamp. It's been pretty hot except for just a couple nights it got a little chilly so I put hot hands warmers in the house with them overnight. They are doing just fine.
View attachment 2732037
The last of the three remaing eggs hatched today.
Glad to hear they are doing well! That’s great that the last of the ducklings hatchedSounds like you made the right decision.

It sure looks like they’re having a blast in the pool! :love

Hey guys. I’m having a rough day over here at the Funny Farm. I needed somewhere to vent. My 18 and 1/2 year old cat is going downhill. I’ve had him almost my entire life. His name is Milo. We are sitting together out in the sun and I’m petting him. A little while ago he had a seizure. It’s so hard to see him like this. I’m so upset but I know that he’ll be in a better place. I was contemplating taking him to the vet to be put down, he is so fragile I’m worried about stressing him out more than he needs to be. It’s just really hard.

Hey guys. I’m having a rough day over here at the Funny Farm. I needed somewhere to vent. My 18 and 1/2 year old cat is going downhill. I’ve had him almost my entire life. His name is Milo. We are sitting together out in the sun and I’m petting him. A little while ago he had a seizure. It’s so hard to see him like this. I’m so upset but I know that he’ll be in a better place. I was contemplating taking him to the vet to be put down, he is so fragile I’m worried about stressing him out more than he needs to be. It’s just really hard.
:hugsSounds like Milo has had a good long life with you. He's a lucky kitty.

Is a mobile bet an option? I will never bring a pet to the vet to be euthanized after having them come out to the house to do it. Very stress free for them to go in their comfortable environment. Anyhow, if that's possible, it's the kindest thing you could do for him.

I'm so very sorry. Big, big hugs. :hugs

I'm so very sorry. Big, big hugs. :hugs
Thank you. It means a lot. :hugs
It’s just really hard. Today is my older sister’s birthday party and I don’t know if I’m going to be able to go. She understands though. We all love Milo. He’s been a great part of our family for almost 19 years.

:hugsSounds like Milo has had a good long life with you. He's a lucky kitty.

Is a mobile bet an option? I will never bring a pet to the vet to be euthanized after having them come out to the house to do it. Very stress free for them to go in their comfortable environment. Anyhow, if that's possible, it's the kindest thing you could do for him.
Thank you. It means a lot. He has been a great part of our family.

I’m not aware of any mobile vets in the area but I will call around. Thank you for the suggestion.

He doesn’t seem to be in pain at the moment and is doing a bit better. He ate some food now he’s walking around. I’m sitting with him currently. His little Buddy Little Kin is sitting by him.

I'm so sorry @FunnyfarmMidwest Sounds like your beloved Milo has had an amazing life of being well cared for and loved deeply. Having to watch them suffer through seizures is the worst. Just thinking about it makes me tear up. If you've had the same vet for a while, even though they aren't mobile, I'd call and ask if they would be willing to come out to your home and administer the medications. A lot of them will, especially if you've been a client for years. My precious Ellie Mae (Maltese dog) started having seizures at only 7 years old and it was very traumatic for both of us. I am so very sorry you're losing your sweet furry loved one. Sending you virtual hugs

Back
Top Bottom