Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

My precious little flock of Calls 💜
View attachment 2772274
View attachment 2772281
View attachment 2772282
View attachment 2772288
View attachment 2772290
View attachment 2772292
View attachment 2772302
I tried to get pictures showing the boys new plumage coming in. Tulley has a little bit of black in the center of his bill above the bean so that's one easy way to tell them apart. They're both such sweet boys. All 4 of these Calls are such sweethearts
They are gorgeous!! ❤️ :love

Hi ladies! I'll get a picture later this evening but I wanted to ask while it's weighing heavily on my mind. Has anyone had a Call duckling that hatched with visible bilateral nictitating membranes (visible third eyelid)? Miley has had this since hatch. Her eyes aren't red at all, not bothering her and I don't believe it impairs her vision at all, but it just worries me. I'll get a picture asap. Thank you for your time 💜

Last edited:
20210726_002422.jpg

20210726_003606.jpg

I've seen lots of chickens that present like this. From my understanding, it has less to do with the membrane and more to do with the shape of the eye.

I have no idea though with ducks.
Thank you. Have you ever known it to be problematic throughout life? Her eyes look nice and healthy. I don't ever notice any matter/watering/etc or anything alarming. I just hope it doesn't cause her any problems throughout life.

Back
Top Bottom