Prepping FLOUR tortillas

Anyone have any insight to the 'crispy pita bread' that should have been flour tortillas?
smile.png

Ok gonna try to answer a few of these. To make the flour ones, look up a dough recipe. They will be a little thicker than others but it does help to roll them with a wooden non finished cutting board. You flatten them out then roll them. Your riddle or skillet should be hit enough to make water dance when you put the tortillas dough on it. When it starts to bubble flip it. It will.still be slightly doughy on the top side. Just a little bit on that side and then to the warmer or towel like I use. My tortillas press I picked up in the outlet kitchen store here in town and it is just called tortilladora. I don't know if you have an Aldi by you but they sell masa and it is usually sold by flour in most supermarkets. Hope I helped someone. If anyone has questions feel free to pm me. I even found a great recipe for flour ones that uses milk instead of water. They taste almost like the ones my grandmother makes.

I have a very large, electric tortilla maker. It heats a tortilla in about 6 seconds. They are perfect texture.

I like scrambled eggs w/salsa or mayo for breakfast! Yum!
tongue.png

When I prep flour tortillas in order to make them pliable for rolling around fillings, I wrap about 5 at a time in a damp kitchen towel and zap them in the microwave for about 1 - 1.5 minutes. They stay pliable until I wrap the last one, and I usually have a new batch warming in the microwave while I work.

I like to make big batches of burritoes at once to enjoy over a long period of time. They freeze well and make great meals-on-the-go. I make them with scrambled eggs or beans or beef, with cheese, diced green peppers & salsa.

But now y'all have me wanting to try to make my own flour tortillas. I have a difficult time finding ones in the store that aren't high in calories and/or have hydrogenated oils.

Back
Top Bottom