Pretty Roosters

Here's Col. Sanders, one of my Red Shouldered Yokohama roos

44102_p3070018.jpg

This is either Hans or Frans, a Silver Lakenvelder. I can't tell them apart.

44102_p3060004.jpg

Pedro, My 8 yr. old EE had to be laid to rest this spring. I miss the old boy!

44102_p2270012.jpg

I have quite a few roosters. More than I know what to do with really. Suppose I'll be having a lot of chicken come Fall and Winter? But here are some of the boys that are keepers:

This is Buddy, my Bantam Barred Cochin. He is flock leader, and is such a good roo. He is calm, patient, and good with people and the ladies. Judging from this last hatch I had, he's quite amorous too!
29191_little_chicks_kids_dogs_and_more_168.jpg

This is Hector, my White Silkie roo. He recently suffered a dog attack, and his tail is not quite back to it's original magnificence, lol. I love this bird, but he absolutely HATES my younger DD. He flogs her every chance he gets, so it looks like he will have to find a new home. Or else I'll have to set up a Silkie pen separate from the main pens, and not allow my younger DD in there. He doesn't flog anyone but her. I sure do catch him watching me very carefully quite often though. But I talk to him when he does, and he eventually seems to grow bored and walk away, lol:
29191_little_chicks_kids_dogs_and_more_148.jpg

This Abner, my Bantam Blue Splash Cochin roo. He's not super friendly, but he's calm and for the most part, well behaved. However he flogs my mother. Doesn't like her. One of these days she's going to turn his fluffy butt into a football and punt him over the fence.
hmm.png

29191_5212010_out_in_the_rain_with_my_chickens_187.jpg

This is George, my EE cockerel. He was about 9 weeks old in this picture. He's 12 weeks old now. I think he is absolutely gorgeous! My older DD is holding him. She's smitten with George too.
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_087.jpg

George sunbathing
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_119.jpg

George laying on the dog:
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_271.jpg

And this is Mystery, my Silver Cuckoo Marans rooster. He is my gentle giant. I just love him to pieces. He is such a good boy, and so good natured. My kids can grab him and hug him and kiss on him, and he just lets them, lol. He's not lightweight either, he's at least 12 lbs! This is my older DD again holding him.
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_298.jpg

And just for good measure, this is one of Mystery's sons. He has 5 now! This here is Monico. Yeah, he was a Monica until that comb went into overdrive around week 2. He was about 2 weeks old here. He's 6 weeks old now and is cute as can be. He's black with white feathers all over him. His mother is a SLW, but Monico doesn't quite have lacing, nor does he have barring. But he's beautiful. I'm not keeping him though, however, I am keeping his younger brother Blaze who is the same mix. I'm also keeping two, maybe all 3, of his sisters. One has a BA mom, one has a SL mom, and one has a Ameracauna/Welsummer mom. One girl is white, one girl is various shades of brown and cream, and the one with the BA mom is, you guessed it, BLACK, lol! Here's Monico:
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_010.jpg

I have probably 25 more roosters, some standard, most are bantam though, that I am trying to get rid of. Hatched out WAY too many this year! But they are all cute!

love.gif
WOW, Chicken China Mom, I love that picture of DD and Mystery, it's beautiful!
love.gif
He is a spectacular bird and all your chickens are obviously happy and spoiled rotten, as they should be.

Last edited:
This is RollerBall... a rooster in waiting... waiting for the day he can kick his dads butt out of the coop. Japanese Bantam with long legs

56922_moto_0140.jpg

And this is his dad, it'll be while yet before RollerBall gets to be the rooster.
56922_moto_0141.jpg

those japanese bantams are something iv always thought those roosters were pretty. keep posting

Last edited:
Here is a beautiful boy. He is half black silkie and half Easter Egger.

And here is our Black Sumatra rooster! He is covered in dirt (dust bathing), yet still manages to shine like he is covered in slick oil! =)

Back
Top Bottom