Prevention of COCCIDIOSIS and other poultry diseases in chicks~ ACV.

thats what i'll be doing- lost the weakest one over nite, but all the flock got the acv today- so hopefully that will clear it up- if i see any showing symptoms i'll treat them

i wouldn't give acv while using corid either. Corid worked very well for my birds. 3 of them got very sick and I was sure 1 was at death's door-it took a month but she is very healthy now.

Can AVC be mixed in the water along with a vitamin/electrolyte powder from Rooster Booster? I use that because I was told by a poultry vet that a lot of feed comes from China and it is lacking in vitamins. I had a pullet that was vent pecked and was told that can be from a vitamin deficiency .

Can AVC be mixed in the water along with a vitamin/electrolyte powder from Rooster Booster? I use that because I was told by a poultry vet that a lot of feed comes from China and it is lacking in vitamins. I had a pullet that was vent pecked and was told that can be from a vitamin deficiency .
you sure can

It doesn't really matter...whatever amount your birds will tolerate. I never measure...I just tip the jug, allow a glug to flow and that's it. One glug for more water, a little glurp for little waterers.
big_smile.png
The thing is, it doesn't take much vinegar to make a difference and any is better than none. You don't want to put so much that they won't drink the water or you see their beaks dissolve when they dip for a drink!
lol.png
Just kiddin.... won't happen.

I'll tell you how I make more unpasteurized ACV right now. Before I had an orchard and could make my own but right now I don't have that, so I just buy regular store bought vinegar and add some of my Bragg's to it, leave the cap off and place it in a dark, room-temp place. Within a week you will see the swirl of the mother starting to build in the new jug. If you don't, add some apple juice to it so that the cultures have some sugar to get a boost and it will happen. I've never had to add the apple juice. When you see a new mother forming, you can cap it and store it somewhere out of the sunlight.
You are amazing! I kept wondering where to find the unpasteurized cider and here it is!

Because more people are turning back to the old ways of eating and getting healthier because of it, the medical field must discredit these old diets...they see the danger of even one dollar escaping their coffers. Raw honey is bad! Vinegar~bad! Eggs? BAD. Backyard chickens? Salmonella, shigella, e.coli!!!! Vegetarian diet? Won't get enough calcium for strong bones!!! (cows eat a vegan diet and have enormous, strong bones
roll.png
) Must eat red meat for calcium and protein in your diet, not veggies...NO, not red meat, it can cause cancer!
gig.gif
I Love It!!! I gave up listening to studies back when they said you could get cancer from using the hair dryer - back in the 80s. That was just pushing the limit. Nope, not gonna listen.

....still on page 10.

If anyone thinks they are being harmonious with nature by playing mother hen, I suggest you let your hens hatch your chicks and see what the mortality rate is.
Uh, one that drowned in the duck pond. One that hatched with the yolk outside. Two given as replacement roosters to a close friend. Balance still giving me eggs.

Wow, that one made me angry. Breathe.

Back
Top Bottom