Private Messages PM's In Trash - Automatically Emptied After 20 Messages

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This question has been coming up a few times:

Q: How do I empty the PM's in my message trash?

Answer: We leave PMs in Trash indefinitely. However, once each night, we'll check to see if you have more than 20 Trashed PMs and delete the oldest ones after there are 20+. For example, if there are 25 PMs in your trash box, we'll delete the oldest 5 and will leave the remaining "newer" trashed messages in place.

We may add a "delete trash" feature in the future, but it is a relatively low priority.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thanks for answering. I hope we do get a delete trash in the future for us clean freaks. [​IMG]

3. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010
    Nowhere/Everywhere
    Every 20 PM's would have been okay for the old format's way of one message per PM. But for those of us who can amass dozens of replies into a single PM series, this is no help at all.

In my case it's actually hundreds, but even so, for the less chatty among us, it is still a problem.

4. Chic CAN

Chic CAN The Wisdom Chaser Premium Member

I thought Mods were busy monitoring everything else anyhow.. wouldn't it be easier to not to have to go through each users PMs and delete them, and just let the user do it? To me that would be better TQM (Time Quality Management).

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Moderators don't have access to your PM's, unless you report one, and then just to that one and its replies. The computer does it.

6. Chic CAN

Chic CAN The Wisdom Chaser Premium Member

Ah okay.. but I had more than 20 in thee for a while .. okay makes sense I guess :p it should be like 10 then

7. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    are you still going to add this feature?

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've asked our developers and they have told us it's probably not going to happen any time soon [​IMG]

They are making other bugs and improvements a priority right now. Hopefully someday that feature will be an option.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by