Probably too young to tell...

donnap1967

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Northern NJ
After reading through the forum it's probably too soon to tell but I figured I'd ask. I never noticed this part of the forum before.
roll.png
My babies are 2 1/2 weeks old. If anyone can help me with their sex, anyone have a guess?

This is the larger chick, Lucky......

P1010001.jpg

Lucky again....

P1010002.jpg

This is the second chick, Trixie......

CP1010002.jpg

Trixie again...

P1010122-1.jpg

This is the third chick, Sunshine.....

P1010124.jpg

Sunshine again.....

P1010004.jpg

I don't know who's a roo and who's a pullet, but I do know they are all really pretty! What breed(s) are they? Their legs are pretty large looking and they already have combs! My guess would be males, but I don't really know.
smile.png

Hi Donnap,
Just enjoy your chics, and one morning a 4:00 in the morning they will let you know if they are roos.
th.gif

Good luck,
Ed

Last edited:
Yeh, I was guessing at least on Lucky being a roo, though this is my first set of chicks. He actually made all the motions of a rooster crowing except no sound came out lol. He is only a day older than the other two but he is much bigger.

I really don't know what breeds they could be because this started out as an innocent science fair project. We rented an incubator and bought the eggs from a local farm that does this sort of thing for school kids and then they take back any chicks when you return the incubator.

The problem is I am in love and I am thinking of begging my husband to let me keep them
tongue.png

I really don't know what kind of chickens this farm/store keeps and if they separate them by breed.

Back
Top Bottom