PROBLEM youlk outside of egg????

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
i went for eggs today i got 5 out of 6 witch is how it goes, but the eggs were stuck to the clean straw with yolk, all hens seem fine free ranged all day and all came running for their 4 pm veggies and apples, no signs of a broken egg, ?????? should o probe tham all for broken egg inside????

I have one leghorn who had some early egg laying issues. Her egg would often have yolk smeared on it. She sometimes laid a rubber egg, and I once watched her lay JUST a yolk. She has finally gotten the conveyor belt oiled up, and is laying normally.

IMO, you have a chook who just laid an abnormal egg, and unless one of them is acting abnormally, all should be fine. How old is your flock?

i went for eggs today i got 5 out of 6 witch is how it goes, but the eggs were stuck to the clean straw with yolk, all hens seem fine free ranged all day and all came running for their 4 pm veggies and apples, no signs of a broken egg, ?????? should o probe tham all for broken egg inside????

Could be one laid a shell less egg or you have an egg eater...

well i dont have clue how old these hes are, their sexlinks, and im sure at least 2 yrs, but they were dropped on when step daughter moved and she didnt know, i dont think to old but adult, the roo is this yrs bird, all went well today and i go tall 6 eggs, although one layed in the run in the rain?, i guess she couldnt get in the box, but why in the run, i dont know, i have several clean boxes but they all lay in one, so far they all look ok, thanks

all hens are still ok, vet said just watch, basicaly said same as you guys, a shelles egg, i do have a soft shell layer, just glad their ok, thanks

Back
Top Bottom