Problems with my new kids

I'm sorry you have lost so many chicks.
ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar and you have to get the kind that says 'From the Mother' on the label such as Braggs brand.
I got mine at the grocery store and I'm sure Walmart and places like that have it. I've heard to use about 1-2 T per gallon and
others say 4-5T per gallon. So not sure which. Only use it in a plastic waterer (not galvanized) and make a fresh batch every day.

Hope it gets better for you and your chicks.

Yes, people give it to the chicks all the time. I guess do the 2 Tablespoons/gallon but maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in??
I was planning to give it to mine starting on day 2 but keep plain water in one waterer and the ACV in the other. But I think if I had lost a few chicks already I would not give the choice of plain water and just give them the ACV

Oh, duh! ACV Got the right kind in my pantry! Thanks. Have stopped losing chicks. Have one that obviously constipated. Knocking it off often. Drinks water. Hate the the constant worry, but it's looking like they are all happy. Need to rig up a little low perch as I have a climber/flyer from day one! Maybe name him Little S#$%. Love their dorky little antics! I'm also a treat person. How old should they be before offering applesauce and/or finely chopped apples? I'm thinking a couple weeks. Also make home made yogurt and wonder if it is too soon. They're already loving the dry oatmeal I mix with some starter. Thinking about growing sprouts, too, down the road. Love the teflon parrot thing. Imagine what it's done to us in the past.

Back
Top Bottom